Nicky Law - There Was No Atmosphere at Ibrox

I've seen a few stories today quoting Law moaning about being expected to win every game at Rangers and that there was no atmosphere.

Am I the only one who thinks that Law was the biggest leach at Rangers? He never turned in a performance and obviously doesn't understand what the club is about if he thinks it is acceptable to being beaten off of ANYONE in the championship. As for no atmosphere, when you have soulless empty jerseys like him then no wonder the crowd didn't respond!

FORMER Rangers star Nicky Law has claimed there was no atmosphere at Ibrox.

The Bradford City midfielder claimed the crowd would just turn up and expect a win and didn't create much noise.

Law, 28, admitted his spell with the Light Blues has prepared him for the expectancy at his new club, managed by ex-Gers gaffer Stuart McCall.

He told the Yorkshire Post: "There is expectation but I am used to that in my career.

"I was at Rangers so that side doesn’t faze me.

"At Rangers , not being top of the league would be a crisis.

"We had to win every week, particularly at Ibrox. The fans would turn up and there wasn’t really an atmosphere. Just a case of them saying: 'We are here and expect the three points, then we go home'.

"Away from home was different, in that the fans got behind us that little bit more. But the expectation is massive up there, even this season now they are back in the Premier Division.

"Fans expected Rangers to win the league, even though it wasn’t probably too realistic this season.

"I remember Ian Durrant , one of the coaches at Rangers when I signed, telling me that if Rangers played Barcelona then the fans would expect a win – and Rangers were in the second division at that stage. That is how it is up there.

"I did think, 'Surely not'. But I saw it for myself."

Law, who spent three years at Ibrox, helped Rangers win the League One and Championship titles in his spell with the club.

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/rangers/7252491/Ex-Rangers-midfielder-Nicky-Law-says-Ibrox-had-no-atmosphere.html

I don't disagree with him. We have supporters who think we're a lot better than we really are & expect to win regardless

Rubbish!,last season the fans were entitled to demand wins as we were better than any other team in the league!

"There is expectation but I am used to that in my career." - When did he ever have expectation on him prior to coming to Rangers ?

Regards atmosphere he is right - but if he is blaming that solely on the fans and abdicating accountability of the management team and players for inept performance after inept performance then he is clearly looking to re-write history.

The atmosphere was in direct correlation to the type of football we were playing.