Ibrox And A UEFA Final

I have just been reading another forum and a poster stated that Ibrox is the only UEFA 5 Star Stadium that HASN'T hosted a European Final.

If this is true, it is another indication of how low esteam the SFA hold Rangers in. Basically, for Ibrox to host a European Final, all the SFA have to do is nominate Ibrox to UEFA and we would receive a final.....

Cammy F

Did you expect anything less.

A certain 3 star stadia will get it before we do!!

UEFA only recognise 4 and 5 star stadia so technically, The Towers is on a par with the likes for Albion Rovers, Cowdenbeath and Alloas grounds :D

Cammy F

UEFA only recognise 4 and 5 star stadia so technically, The Towers is on a par with the likes for Albion Rovers, Cowdenbeath and Alloas grounds :D

Cammy F

Yes but they are non sectarian and have a fans that are the greatest in the world - so I think they would probably bend the bow for that!! ;)

Cammy F

Hahaha :D

Why would the SFA put forward Ibrox when they have their own 5 star stadium (Hampden)? :confused:

Wouldn't that mean a loss of income for the SFA?

Why would the SFA put forward Ibrox when they have their own 5 star stadium (Hampden)?

Ibrox had 5 star accreditation years before Hampden did. There was nothing stopping the SFA nominating Ibrox whilst Hampden was being refurbished or when it didn't meet the standards.

And surely, given that it is the only 5 star stadium not to hold a UEFA final and it is a lasting memory to those who lost their lives at the disaster(s) then we deserve to be nominated?

Cammy F

as gav mentioned earlier- if Ibrox got a euro final surely the SFA and Hampden would lose a lot of income...

And my understanding is that the SFA still have quite a way to go to pay off the redevelopment of hampden.

So it wouldnt make sense for the SFA to give ibrox a final- as much as we'd like to see it happen.

PLUS theres the problem of the uproar from the other half of the city if we got a euro final and they didnt.

as gav mentioned earlier- if Ibrox got a euro final surely the SFA and Hampden would lose a lot of income...

And my understanding is that the SFA still have quite a way to go to pay off the redevelopment of hampden.

So it wouldnt make sense for the SFA to give ibrox a final- as much as we'd like to see it happen.

PLUS theres the problem of the uproar from the other half of the city if we got a euro final and they didnt.

But rino, Ibrox had 5 star accreditation YEARS before Hampden did. Why didn't the SFA nominate Ibrox then?

Also, what does it matter what the yahoos think? Their stadium isn't up to standard, so it is UEFA not Rangers or the SFA that are stopping them getting a final, its their own cheapness...

I can't be the only Rangers fan who is disgusted at the SFA not nominating us and the fact that we are the only 5-star stadium NOT to haver hosted a European final?

Lets not forget that the SFA weren't shy in using Ibrox when it suited them for finals, semi-finals and intgernational games....

Cammy F

The SFA in my opinion are willing to go to ANY lengths to avoid any sort of accusation of bias towards rangers.

As i mentioned above, if rangers were to get a euro final it can be assumed that celtic would demand a euro final as well.

Maybe the SFA dont want to give rangers the honour of hosting one.

And more to the point what can we rangers fans do to try and get ourselves one?

And more to the point what can we rangers fans do to try and get ourselves one?

Nothing - that is the annoying and fustrating thing about the whole issue. UEFA have confirmed that the only way for Ibrox to get a final is for the SFA to nominate us. Oh, they have also stated that if nominated, we would get a final.

Cammy F