Mark McGhee reckons Rangers will do well to avoid bottom-six

MARK McGHEE has brought Rangers down to earth with a bump — by insisting they’ll do well to avoid a bottom-six finish.

Mark Warburton’s men Rangers moved into second place for the first time this season with Saturday’s 3-0 win over Kilmarnock.

But just seven points separate them from McGhee’s Motherwell side.

Even though Rangers have the second-biggest wage bill, he claims that there isn’t too much between the sides in the top tier.

McGhee said: “I’ve seen all the teams and that’s how it is. I went to Partick Thistle v Ross County the other weekend and St Johnstone v Dundee the following day.

“We’ve played most of the others and I see teams playing well and playing badly, just like we’ve been doing.

“I thought Ross County were poor at Firhill but I heard Celtic boss Brendan Rodgers describe them the other night as the best team they’ve played.”

Rangers’ new signings have taken time to find their feet and McGhee knows how difficult it can be to adapt to life with the Old Firm.

He said: “I played for Celtic. When you play for one of the big clubs in any league everybody wants to have their best game against you,

“Even to get the convincing results they’ve racked up, Celtic need to be at it.”

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/motherwell/7255698/Motherwell-boss-Mark-McGhee-reckons-Rangers-will-do-well-to-avoid-bottom-six.html

"MARK McGHEE has brought Rangers down to earth with a bump — by insisting they’ll do well to avoid a bottom-six finish."

And we'd all been hoplng Markie Bhoy would confirm us in second place.

My day is in ruins.

But just seven points separate them from McGhee’s Motherwell side.

Some bold stuff in there. You see, "just" 9 points (or three OF wins) seperate us from first place, while only 3 points (in words: THREE) points seperate the Ironmen from Dundee and straight relegation. Figures ...

I have a "soft spot" for the Dark Blues and I hope they give you and yours a right good doing on Saturday!

McGhee is one of those perpetual failures from the management merry-go-round. He'll manage another 4 or 5 clubs without success before eventually just disappearing.

He is a fanny of the highest order imo.

He is a fanny of the lowest order, imo.

To be fair he didn't actually say what that headline implies. It's so idiotic a headline it may as well say Rangers and everybody below Rangers will do well to avoid the bottom 6 and that's absurd. The current top 5 are all pretty much guaranteed top 6 with one other joining them. Motherwell will do well to be that one.