Good post Cammy.

I've said it before, that one thing which really annoys me is how fans of other clubs class a lot of our songs as being bigoted/sectarian when clearly they are nothing of the sort. Why our club never stands up for us and points this out, I'll never know.

The flip side of the coin is that these songs probably aren't helping our image much. No-one likes us, we don't care. Maybe times have changed and we should care a bit as we're often our own worst enemy. That's a whole other argument though.

Highlighting other clubs shortcomings is a good idea in theory, which would no doubt get a lot of support, but I can't help but think it will just make us look like we're trying to deflect from our own problems. I genuinely don't believe there's a large media bias against any club in Scotland as most fans can point towards instances where the press (and SFA) have been for/against their club, but I have found it very strange that there's been very little coverage of some of the behaviour of the GFITW recently. Very annoying indeed and certainly it makes you wonder why.

As for the sensationalist headlines, we all know how lazy our press are up here. They love this sort of thing, especially when our own fans, make it so easy for them. Its really, really depressing to see how fans continue to drag this club down and give the tabloid press exactly what they want. How stupid are these guys?

Intersteing points mike...

Regarding highlighting over clubs with problems, this is essential to show that both UEFA and the press aren't being even-handed. We would have to ensure that we didn't 'gloss over' our issue - we have to admit them but show evidence that we aren't the worst offenders.

The examples I have given above were only confined to the UK. We could show examples of Lazio fans singing racist and right wing songs. I am sure that there are many other examples we could use.

As for the press, again we have to fight sensationalist headlines as if we don't they will continue.

But given the great responses on here, it shows what a huge job the club has, and I honestly don't think they are up for it. Thank The Lord for the RST.

Cammy F

once we have eradicated effteepee etc, go after things like the union flag and GSTQ/RB. Once the media and the MOPES get a hold of it, UEFA will come trotting behind them and demm these as 'offensive'.

Well, to an extent they already are, aren't they! I can see where you are coming from, and as i have said, although it isn't my personal preference, i have no probs with others flying a UJ ... i just think that sometimes the manner in which certain fans act does attract the wrong kind of people or image to our club

... and i agree about Flower of Scotland, i was only using it as an example ... it's a backward wee song and i'd much rather have something more uplifting as a Scottish national anthem

What annoys me about the current situation is that we are just an easy target ... much as the songs annoy me, do we really compare to pigs heads and oranges in spain, flares and fireworks in italy, or just downright hell in Turkey?

Nope, of course we dont! :(

I had an argument/discussion yeaterday with a Jambo, he asked me why Rangers fans flew the UF, and of course i said why not after all we are Britsh,he said i'm not i'm Scottish, i said well i'm Scottish but also like being British, his reply was, but people find the UF offensive so it should be banned,prick, i said it's a sad day when you get told to pull down the UF in Britain :ffs: , another guy just jumping on the band wagon and wanting the Rangers fans punished for flying a flag :confused:

I had an argument/discussion yeaterday with a Jambo, he asked me why Rangers fans flew the UF, and of course i said why not after all we are Britsh,he said i'm not i'm Scottish, i said well i'm Scottish but also like being British, his reply was, but people find the UF offensive so it should be banned,prick, i said it's a sad day when you get told to pull down the UF in Britain :ffs: , another guy just jumping on the band wagon and wanting the Rangers fans punished for flying a flag :confused:

As your Jambo friend how offensive the UF is to those brave Jambo's (players and fans) who fought and died for this country and who are remembered every year at Haymarket?

Cammy F

Had almost the same argument with a dons fan.

Any time someone questions the UF, i say... why not? we're a club in Britain.

Tic arent a club in Ireland but you still see them with their ROF flags yet no-one questions that.

Gets on my nerves that does.

As your Jambo friend how offensive the UF is to those brave Jambo's (players and fans) who fought and died for this country and who are remembered every year at Haymarket?

Cammy F

Tha's exactly what i said, and if you have a problem with the English then who's the bigot, i said there are Scottish guys out in Baghdad fighting side by side with English, Irish,Welsh so ask them if they hate the English as much as you do and find the UF offensive, needless to say it was a case of that's different, my arse :confused:

Had almost the same argument with a dons fan.

Any time someone questions the UF, i say... why not? we're a club in Britain.

Tic arent a club in Ireland but you still see them with their ROF flags yet no-one questions that.

Gets on my nerves that does.

This is what we're up against, at the end of the day everybody hates us, it's a sad wee country we live in :confused:

There was a clear pic in the Daily Retard earlier in the season when Hearts were in Europe (must have been very early in the season! :D ) and it was a pic of a good handful of Jambo's standing behind, lo and behold, a Union Jack!!!

Can't remember them being slated for it though!!