Rangers 2 ( Kiernan, McKay) v Hearts 0 post-match discussion

I'd go with ...

Foderingham

Hodson - Kiernan - Wilson - Wallace

Holt - Halliday

Miller

Waghorn - Garner - Forrester

Hodson was good and the defence might need a more defensive chap. Tav for later, e.g. sub for Holt. I'd play Forrester ahead of McKay in the starting line-up, since Harry does what McKay lacks this season (so far), ie. having a shot himself. Waghorn looked sharp, willing, and able, so him on the right and us with potetially three people taking up the main striker's slot when flanks and crosses rain in - an area that is usually vacated by the one-striker system.

Interesting to see where Tavernier is playing, with Hodson presumably RB. Hodson deserves a run in the team; he's been solid without being spectacular, which is pretty good for a defensive player IMO.

Young Burt's on the bench too.

Edited by Rousseau

Neither Waghron, nor Forrester (not even on the bench) will be happy at Tavernier getting a game in MF of them; and neither am I.

Hodson has rightly retained his place at RB; Tavernier should be on the bench and would like to have seen Waghorn starting.

Clearly Tav has favoured status for some reason.

Neither Waghron, nor Forrester (not even on the bench) will be happy at Tavernier getting a game in MF of them; and neither am I.

Hodson has rightly retained his place at RB; Tavernier should be on the bench and would like to have seen Waghorn starting.

I think Tavernier brings more athleticism to the team, which will be needed today, than Forrester and Waghorn -- perhaps not waghorn, but he is a striker so it's difficult to see him competing with Tav for a position.

Edited by Rousseau

Why put it like that? Clearly the manager prefers to pick him for today's game of football is what we know. "Favoured status" is nothing but negative speculation. Maybe he thinks he brings more drive, perhaps he wants him for dead ball situations, perhaps he has performed the better of the three in training. Whatever it is, it will be a footballing reason. No need to insinuate the manager has a primary school mentality.

PS As it transpires, Forrester is sick.

Edited by SteveC
PS

Peculiar to say the least that Forrester can't even get a place on the bench ahead of a 17 year old. Presuming he's fit.

Forrester is sick, as of MW in the pre-match interview.

Can't say I like the starting line-up, unless Tav is actually playing right-forward and Miller the central creative role.