Andy Halliday has backed Joe Garner to be crowned Christmas number one - despite admitting he has yet to purchase the hit single being sung in his Rangers team-mate's honour.

Gers supporters have launched a campaign to drive the Dave Clark Five's 1963 song Glad All Over back to the top of the charts.

The Ibrox faithful were heard chanting the classic tune - with the lyrics changed to "We've got Joey Garner" - during last Friday's win at Hamilton and now they want to see off the likes of girl group Little Mix to claim the Festive top spot.

Their last minute bid has already seen the song storm into the Top 40 but time is running out ahead out Friday's cut-off point for the Light Blues supporters to secure the sales that will take it to number one.

Halliday has been stunned by the reaction of fans to former Preston frontman Garner.

But the midfielder was forced to confess he has yet to add his support to their cult hero's chart drive.

Speaking at the club's pre-match press conference ahead of Saturday's clash with Inverness, he said: "I haven't downloaded it yet, although I probably shouldn't admit that as I'll get a bit of stick for that.

"Harry Forrester has been going round the dressing room making sure everyone has downloaded it. I think he's more keen than anyone to get it to number one.

"It's brilliant. It's obviously making a lot of waves. I don't know how long ago the song was released but it looks as though it could get to number one in 2016.

"I know the Little Mix fans aren't happy but it is a very catchy song. I was on loan at Blackpool a few years ago and that was their song as well, so it's stuck in my head.

"The fans were on full voice on Friday singing it at Hamilton and I'm sure we'll be hearing it again on Saturday.

"Joe is pretty calm about it to be fair but I don't know if he'll be so calm if it goes to number one.

"We're all having a good laugh about it. It's a catchy song. I've been singing it myself on the way to training."

Garner has netted just three times since making his £1.8million switch from Deepdale in the summer.

But the Rangers support have taken to his committed style and Ibrox boss Mark Warburton believes their backing will only help the 28-year-old improve.

He said: "It's fantastic. You heard the singing at Hamilton and the ovation he received at Ibrox at the end of the Hearts game.

"You know, three or four weeks ago there were some derogatory comments about Joe but there has never been any doubt about his quality.

"It's all credit to him the way he has adapted to our style of play and the demands of playing at a club like Rangers.

"Of course something like this will help his confidence. As a number nine you can be judged solely on your goal record but if you look at the other night, he didn't score yet got an ovation of that nature.

"You'd have thought he'd scored five - that tells you the crowd respect his work-rate, which is first class.

"I'm delighted for Joe. He's settling in and I think he'll get better and better."

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/14983619.Andy_Halliday_backs_Joe_Garner_for_Christmas_number_one___but_hasn_t_downloaded_the_single_yet/

I have it on ITunes, Amazon, Google Play, 7digital and HMV digital. I also have money on it with the bookies. Ibrox will be bouncing Saturday

Unfortunately you have lost the bookies money as there is no chance of it being the UK No.1 We are only No.40 with only 1\3 of the votes of the top 5. We started too late for that plus this version is not on spotify.