dB, I've said before, your English is better than mine but in this instance I think you're wrong. There should be an element of humour in banter often good natured but not necessarily so. There is no humour whatsoever in the BJK nonsense.

Banter? Between Old Firm fans? Whoever came up with that must have viewed Earth from the moon.

There has never been 'banter' in my time and that stretches back 50 years or so.

The hatred Rangers fans have for shame fc works the other way too remember, I'd go as far to say their hatred far exceeds ours.

TBB and BJK are cannon fodder to them hanging effigies at the Glitterdome of Rangers fans and Protestants.

Where is 'our place'? Seems it is somewhere far from THEM!

Bring back the banter? Aye Right! Merry Xmas everyone.

WATP!

Much like team performances, banter comes in different varieties, colours and aims. Sometimes it is amusing, sometimes disgusting, and a lot inbetween. If you start putting morals, PC, and ethics in football banter, the debate suffers instant death ... or will go on for ages with no result in sight.

If you don't apply morals to our songs then how can you criticise Celtic fans for their songs? If you do then you're just a hypocrite.

If you don't apply morals to our songs then how can you criticise Celtic fans for their songs? If you do then you're just a hypocrite.

As far as I know BJK is not banned under any criminal legislation therefore can be looked at as banter.

Singing in praise of cowardly murdering terrorist scumbags is most definitely illegal.

I don't criticise sellik fans for singing those songs. My criticism is of the authorities who don't arrest every single clatty one of them every single week.

As far as I know BJK is not banned under any criminal legislation therefore can be looked at as banter.

Singing in praise of cowardly murdering terrorist scumbags is most definitely illegal.

I don't criticise sellik fans for singing those songs. My criticism is of the authorities who don't arrest every single clatty one of them every single week.

I'd say, due to PC correctness with touchings of timbuckness and a scattering of Catholicism the days of us chanting We Are The People are 'following' down the road like the rousing TBB and other things such as FTP!

They will be always be allowed their pro IRA stuff backed by our media and government and we as 'The People' will stand up to it without any 'favour' whatsoever.

Exactly :thup:

I can pretty much quote myself:

Much like team performances, banter comes in different varieties, colours and aims. Sometimes it is amusing, sometimes disgusting, and a lot inbetween. If you start putting morals, PC, and ethics in football banter, the debate suffers instant death ... or will go on for ages with no result in sight.

And add:

It seems you define banter somewhat differently than I do. BJK is cynical banter aimed at the Scum support to annoy them with stuff about their past. Similar to "You're not fit to wear the Sash", "You're not Rangers anymore" or "Go home ye Huns!", stuff out to annoy us. And if you start putting morals and ethics to that, you're on a lost cause debate-wise. And IMHO it was pretty clear what I meant above.

Derry's Walls, Build my gallows or Boys of the Old Brigade are not exactly banter, and sure not banter to annoy others (even though it does). More like "tribalism" and togetherness. And if that tribalism is bordering on illegal stuff ...

It seems you define banter somewhat differently than I do. ...

Obviously, if you equate "you're not fit to wear the sash" with a song about child abuse.

You can come up with all the comparisons that you want but my morals tell me that singing about child abuse is wrong. If your morals and values don't see anything wrong with it then there's not much I'm going to be able to say that will change your mind.