Callum Paterson Out For Nine Months

Hearts rocked as Callum Paterson set to spend nine months on the sidelines after horror injury

The Scotland defender suffered a knee ligament injury in Hearts' 4-0 victory over Killie and will now miss the rest of the season and a possible big-money move down south.

Hearts defender Callum Paterson will be out of football for the next nine months after suffering knee ligament damage.

The devastating news ends his chances of a career in English football, in the short term at least, and will cost the Jambos a January windfall of up to £1 million.

The Scotland defender, who is out of contract in the summer, twisted his knee in a tackle on Nathan Tyson during his side’s 4-0 defeat of Kilmarnock on Tuesday night.

He was carried off the pitch on a stretcher, but initial hopes the injury was not as serious as first appeared have been cruelly crushed.

Paterson, 22, had a scan on his knee this morning and was given the dreaded news by medics at lunchtime.

He had been courted by a string of English clubs, including Wigan and Derby, and Tynecastle Director of Football Craig Levein put a seven figure price tag on the player ahead of his anticipated departure next month.

Hearts are now likely to offer him a new deal to see him through his rehab but, understandably, will also aim to protect their investment in the player by offering a two-and-a-half year contract at least.

Paterson has scored eight goals already this season from defence and has been pencilled in for an October comeback at the earliest.

At that point he will begin the process all over again of proving himself one of the best young talents in the country, but his chances of making it big south of the border have been dashed for now.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/hearts-rocked-callum-paterson-set-9528021

Well it would appear pretty obvious no one is going to be signing him in the January window now and by the time the next window comes round he will be a free agent. He has been a key player in defence for them while chipping in with 8 goals from the right back position which is twice as many as any of our strikers so providing he isn't permanently crocked he could be worth taking a look at.

The jolly jambos are going to be significantly weakened without him and while they were resigned to losing him in January they were expecting a million quid to bring in a replacement. I think they're now well out of contention for a top 3 finish. St Johnstone have a game in hand over them and can draw level with them on points if they win it to push them even further out of it.

Well it would appear pretty obvious no one is going to be signing him in the January window now and by the time the next window comes round he will be a free agent. He has been a key player in defence for them while chipping in with 8 goals from the right back position which is twice as many as any of our strikers so providing he isn't permanently crocked he could be worth taking a look at.

The jolly jambos are going to be significantly weakened without him and while they were resigned to losing him in January they were expecting a million quid to bring in a replacement. I think they're now well out of contention for a top 3 finish. St Johnstone have a game in hand over them and can draw level with them on points if they win it to push them even further out of it.

You might want to consider sparing a thought for the unfortunate Paterson, whilst rejoicing in the "significantly weakened" Hearts team.

If he doesn't sign a new contract, then he'll have to rely on some team taking a chance on him at some point between January and June, otherwise he'll have to finance his own rehab.

No way should we take any such chances, remember Daniel Prodan, or was that before your time? What about the mysterious case of Oleg Volodymyrovych Kuznetsov who apparently injured his cruciate ligament in his second game for us against St Johnstone in 1990 and did not play again for a year. Lastly, I give you one Matthew Crooks. Has he been a worthwhile investment would you say?

Edited by BrahimHemdani

You might want to consider sparing a thought for the unfortunate Paterson, whilst rejoicing in the "significantly weakened" Hearts team.

If he doesn't sign a new contract, then he'll have to rely on some team taking a chance on him at some point between January and June, otherwise he'll have to finance his own rehab.

No way should we take any such chances, remember Daniel Prodan, or was that before your time? What about the mysterious case of Oleg Volodymyrovych Kuznetsov who apparently injured his cruciate ligament in his second game for us against St Johnstone in 1990 and did not play again for a year. Lastly, I give you one Matthew Crooks. Has he been a worthwhile investment would you say?

What is it with you? Are you stalking me trying to insert some sort of grief into every post I make? Tell you what. You say a prayer for Paterson for me because I was blithely unaware I was supposed to insert commiserations and I will continue happily rejoicing in the weakening of any opposition team. You can be head mourner when it comes to the problems of other teams players.

What is it with you? Are you stalking me trying to insert some sort of grief into every post I make? Tell you what. You say a prayer for Paterson for me because I was blithely unaware I was supposed to insert commiserations and I will continue happily rejoicing in the weakening of any opposition team. You can be head mourner when it comes to the problems of other teams players.

I confess I do find it desperately disappointing that any Rangers fan would rejoice in the fact that a team, in this case one of our closest current rivals, is weakened by the long term injury of a player.

I confess I do find it desperately disappointing that any Rangers fan would rejoice in the fact that a team, in this case one of our closest current rivals, is weakened by the long term injury of a player.

OK you run along and be depressed that I don't care about rivals being weakened when we need them to be and keep on misinterpreting everything I say into some bizarre interpretation of your own. Can I interpret you as a bit odd? You see I interpret this apparent obsession with inserting your own unsubstantiated reality into everything as somewhat weird.

And incidentally just as an example of that weird behaviour along with all your other misinterpretations I did NOT rejoice over the inury of a player OR the weakening of Hearts. Again that was just you inserting it in there. I simply stated that they were weakened and NOTHING else. In fact this is exactly what I said.

If it helps your disappointment any I could always edit it to say i'm weeping buckets that the jolly jambos are going to be significantly weakened. I probably should. I'm sure there were countless rosary beads being rattled in sympathy when Kranjcar was injured as with the mass outpouring of sympathy when Ian Durrant was put out for years.

Edited by JFK-1

You see I interpret this apparent obsession with inserting your own unsubstantiated reality into everything as somewhat weird.

And incidentally just as an example of that weird behaviour along with all your other misinterpretations I did NOT rejoice over the inury of a player OR the weakening of Hearts. Again that was just you inserting it in there. I simply stated that they were weakened and NOTHING else. In fact this is exactly what I said.

If it helps your disappointment any I could always edit it to say i'm weeping buckets that the jolly jambos are going to be significantly weakened. I probably should. I'm sure there were countless rosary beads being rattled in sympathy when Kranjcar was injured as with the mass outpouring of sympathy when Ian Durrant was put out for years.

I will continue happily rejoicing in the weakening of any opposition team

That's exactly what you said. I didn't insert it; you did and you did so in the context of Paterson's injury.