Club 1872 Hogmanay Fixture Statement

This isn't going to happen any time soon. It is more or less all or nothing. The Police have made it clear that either Celtic get the whole of the Broomloan or no seats at all.

Celtic games

Some of our supporters have difficulty with the fact that Celtic fans receive a whole stand at Ibrox, whereas our fans are in a predominantly corner section at Celtic Park. However, this is largely due to the physical structure of both stadia.* In reality – and by agreement – both teams receive the same number of tickets for away games.

The strong safety and security advice from the police, which is supported by our own security team, is that we should continue with the present arrangement as this is the safest allocation of tickets from a segregation point of view and, most importantly, it is the basis upon which we have been awarded our Safety Certificate.

"DAVE KING RESPONSE #12 | http://rng.rs/29oRp5r..."

If Celtic were to get no seats at Ibrox then it follows that we would get no seats at Parkhead.

I also think it is unlikely that we would sell out the stadium with Rangers fans even for an old firm game, at least not once the novelty had worn off; so most likely there would be a loss of revenue, not to mention atmosphere. Of course there might be a saving in repair bills but would the ticket prices be cut for non-season ticket holders, I have my doubts?

IF, we could sell out the stadium to season tickets, then that would be another matter altogether; but I doubt we could achieve that and in any event I'm fairly sure that there is an SPFL Rule guaranteeing away fans a certain percentage of the tickets; so then it comes back to accommodating Celtic fans in the whole of the Broomloan.

That statement from DK is stating the facts as they are, we give them the whole of the Broomloan because they get circa 7500 tickets at present? Of course it follows then we have to follow full and necessary health and safety issues, not to mention the security precautions for those numbers.

What would DK's answer be if the question was posed, ''what are the H&S and security issues if we give them 2k tickets and put them in the away end as we do with every other away fans?

The police don't set ticket numbers, the club does, other club's have cut us and the vermin numbers, so why can't we?

That statement from DK is stating the facts as they are, we give them the whole of the Broomloan because they get circa 7500 tickets at present? Of course it follows then we have to follow full and necessary health and safety issues, not to mention the security precautions for those numbers.

What would DK's answer be if the question was posed, ''what are the H&S and security issues if we give them 2k tickets and put them in the away end as we do with every other away fans?

The police don't set ticket numbers, the club does, other club's have cut us and the vermin numbers, so why can't we?

I agree that subject to health, safety and security issues we could cut the numbers down to whatever minimum applies in the SPFL (provided that minimum fits in the corner), if you accept that as a consequence we would face a similar reduction at Parkhead.

Personally, I want to be able to support my team at least once a season in the most hostile atmosphere of them all at Celtic Park and have no issue with them having the full Broomloan Stand at Ibrox provided both sets of supporters behave themselves in each other's grounds.

I agree that subject to health, safety and security issues we could cut the numbers down to whatever minimum applies in the SPFL (provided that minimum fits in the corner), if you accept that as a consequence we would face a similar reduction at Parkhead.

Personally, I want to be able to support my team at least once a season in the most hostile atmosphere of them all at Celtic Park and have no issue with them having the full Broomloan Stand at Ibrox provided both sets of supporters behave themselves in each other's grounds.

I have banned myself from attending away matches to any club that had a hand in banning us from the SPL. so the Piggery is out for me anyway. I think the majority of the support want their tickets allocation vastly reduced at Ibrox, but obviously that can only be proved by a ballot of season ticket holders, members of Club1872 and RSC memberships.

To be honest bud I dont think it matters whether there is enthusiasm within the Club 1872 board or not. And what I mean by that is that this is a member driven organisation and if that was the feeling of our members then it would be a function and duty of the Club 1872 board to communicate that to the Rangers board.

But Club 1872 have already issued a statement on it. It's not relevant whether it was the working group or not. What was the response from the club to Club 1872's call to ban Celtic fans?

Why has this not been followed up and the results communicated to members?

It's irrelevant what has happened in the past in this instance, at the game at the piggery they took their sectarian hatred too far, Club1872 released a statement calling for a ban on them attending Ibrox, the club bottled it!, they should have been banned, even if it was for only one match.

It's irrelevant what has happened in the past in this instance, at the game at the piggery they took their sectarian hatred too far, Club1872 released a statement calling for a ban on them attending Ibrox, the club bottled it!, they should have been banned, even if it was for only one match.

Couldn't agree more, and you begin to wonder just what it is the club are scared of.