Keith Jackson - King promised to be accountable but he's ended up invisible

Have Celtic just made a big signing? If not, then half the article makes little sense - as yet. As for King, while he's not been sensational but I'm not sure where he's failing to meet expectations at this time. And as the guy lives in SA and that's where his family and businesses are, should we expect him to be here more, or is it that he shouldn't be chairman - and what tangible difference would that make?

I agree the Celtic comparisons are a bit glaringly strange, ignoring the parallels and actually just making up the contrasts.

How many players have Celtic bought that have flopped. Remember Toure was a great addition. Ambrose was a world beater I am sure there are far more that flopped.

How many players have Celtic bought that have flopped. Remember Toure was a great addition. Ambrose was a world beater I am sure there are far more that flopped.

Yep, plenty of snap, crackle, and flops in the piggery brock bin.

The most remarkable, recently, was perhaps the Japanese "wunderkind" (I know, I know), Koki Mizuno, who was granted a Work Permit on appeal, in 2008, following a professional assessment by a Tribunal containing, if I remember correctly, Messrs Nevin, P., and Collins, J. He was touted as a player with world class potential, Nevin even remarking that he might be the best young player he had ever seen. He made 12 appearances in 2 1/2 seasons, was released, and returned to Japan.

That signing stands out for two reasons: the hype, and the odour around the Work Permit.

Edited by Uilleam

What's the point of having a CEO if you are expecting a non executive Chairman to come out with all announcements? While I would dearly love to have a better idea of what is going on and more importantly, where are we going to, in terms of our finances, I can only imagine that there is nothing that can be said (for confidentiality reasons iro Ashley) or should be said until the dodgy contracts have been resolved or run-off. We cannot (presumably) have a further share offering until the legal issues have been resolved, in the absence of new investment, all that Kingco can do, is ensure that the club breaks even in the short term. We do appear to be moving in the right direction given the recent financial results, but obviously, this is not exciting enough for the Scottish Media.

I don't see the relevance of Desmond. The current board did promise transparency and I think King's article is relatively fair.

King is the "moneyman" for us. Desmond is for them. Why is he not criticised for his lack of communication?

King is the "moneyman" for us. Desmond is for them. Why is he not criticised for his lack of communication?

I haven't a clue whether he is or isn't criticised, and don't really care. Since when did the actions of a Rangers Chairman depend on what someone at Celtic is saying?

However perhaps Desmond didn't say "I guarantee the fans absolute transparency and accountability."

Yep, plenty of snap, crackle, and flops in the piggery brock bin.

The most remarkable, recently, was perhaps the Japanese "wunderkind" (I know, I know), Koki Mizuno, who was granted a Work Permit on appeal, in 2008, following a professional assessment by a Tribunal containing, if I remember correctly, Messrs Nevin, P., and Collins, J. He was touted as a player with world class potential, Nevin even remarking that he might be the best young player he had ever seen. He made 12 appearances in 2 1/2 seasons, was released, and returned to Japan.

That signing stands out for two reasons: the hype, and the odour around the Work Permit.

I remember Pat Nevin Chairing that three person committee that awarded Koki Mizuno the work permit. He stepped out in front of both print and broadcast media to declare, "he is the best I've ever seen at his age". A season later, Pat announced he and his family were season ticket holders at Easter Road. Seems Pat had a visitation from Jiminey Cricket?

I haven't a clue whether he is or isn't criticised, and don't really care. Since when did the actions of a Rangers Chairman depend on what someone at Celtic is saying?

However perhaps Desmond didn't say "I guarantee the fans absolute transparency and accountability."

My original point is that others aren't criticised for not saying anything at all. Is King required to be firing out quotes left, right and centre just for the sake of it?

I was expecting such an article (not least from Jackson) this month. He's been banging that door for the last year or so and now, with a transfer window at hand and the Scum "oh so dominant", the writing was on the wall.

One could perhaps ask for more transparency with the money spend, but you do get that - like with any other business - in the half-year and annual accounts.

It is always quite amusing to see people like him ask for transparancy and calling for the right of the people to know ALL, yet being rather liberal with the information actually deemed worth for printing, info that they deem worth to be highlighted, or not. And info that does not even make it to the PCs ... like so much stuff going on at the Scumhut, past and present. But let's not look at them. Sure it would be good to know where the money has went and on what. Do we - or they - get the same information from other clubs too? Perhaps we should - after all - not forget that Rangers FC is a business, a business that needs to be run smartly in difficult circumstances. Do we really expect sensitive and strategic information being splashed out into the open just because the journos need to fill the pages?