Bluebear54s GPL 2016/17 Rangers v Ross County

Any changes would be for next season as you cant really change the rules mid-season, so the discussion can go on right through the rest of this campaign before a decision needs to be finalised.

As for late changes, I only ever change my FGS once the team is announced if my initial pick is benched. I think that is only fair. We have the option of noting an alternate when making the selection to cover for the first pick not starting. We dont want to make it too much work for Rousseau either!

You don't need to be at the game to know the team and most folk are not in the stadium more than an hour before KO; you can get the team on your phone or other device from Rangers, the BBC and Sky if not others as soon as the teams are announced around an hour before KO so I don't think anyone is at a disadvantage from that point of view. So I see no reason why changes should not be allowed (as has been said if your pick is not starting the game) right up to the official KO time.

We had issues before with late kick offs last season but we agreed to go with the official time this season rather than try to figure out if someone forecast at say 3.01pm and the game kicked off at 3.02pm.

I have had some adverse comments to say the least for forecasting against Rangers and have wrestled with this issue all season. I went for draws a couple of times when my "real" forecasts were defeats and then when I did forecast defeats I got pelters and I don't think all of it was in good humour.

Neither do I think it's disloyal to predict a Rangers loss or draw. It is just being honest. It would be disloyal to bet against Rangers, I have only placed a handful of bets in my life but I would never want to win money by betting against Rangers.

I think the point here is precisely that we are not betting on the result; it is a bit of fun as many have said, so fun and skill at correctly forecasting the result etc should include honest opinions of the result and score.

If points are only awarded for forecasting Rangers wins then everyone will just forecast a Rangers win and no one will ever get ahead with a bold if controversial prediction.

So I don't agree with correct score only and points only awarded for forecasting Rangers wins. It's not a prediction league if the only predictions that count are Rangers wins.

Edited by BrahimHemdani