Can i Look Yet? Rangers v Ross County Preview

It wouldn't surprise me if it was virtually the same starting 11, but put in a fabulous display.

I would suggest dropping Tav & Kiernan from defence, with Hodson & Senderos coming in. Or there is 20yr old David Bates who signed last year - no idea what he's like though.

Halliday dropped, in favour of Holt alongside Hyndman & Windass or Forrester

Up front I'd have Waggy, McKay & Dodoo with Miller on the bench.

I would also like to see a couple of the youngsters on the bench, with a view to getting some game time. They need evidence that there is a path to the 1st team.

They need to play the ball on the deck, in short sharp passing movements - give county the runaround for 45 mins. 2nd half, change it up a bit & start throwing in some diagonals & balls into the box.

Most importantly, they MUST operate as a team.

I thought Tavernier was one of the few better performers at Tynecastle. Granted Hodson is a better defender but I wouldn't drop Tav just because of what happened on Wednesday.

I thought Tavernier was one of the few better performers at Tynecastle. Granted Hodson is a better defender but I wouldn't drop Tav just because of what happened on Wednesday.

Possibly moving him into a more forward role, which encourages him to get forward.....though he's done well in midfield before. We need to shore up the defence.....just too many weak goals being let in....

.. hence I'd put Tav into a default defensive MF role, perhaps to the right of Hyndman. He has the pace and power to control that area, and if he has the ball, can move forward more freely. But keep Hodson as right-back still (or right-"CH" in a back three). The Ulsterman will move forward still, but with Tav there, we might have cover.

What is rather irritating still: we have SDoW as the assistant, yet still our defence concedes silly goals or is somewhat out of position at set-pieces. You would have thought that by now, SDoW would have ironed this out.

Possibly moving him into a more forward role, which encourages him to get forward.....though he's done well in midfield before. We need to shore up the defence.....just too many weak goals being let in....

Being honest here Darth, we could spend tens of millions on a couple of players and our usual suspects would still manage to feck things up.

I'd play Tav further forward. It's not as if the rest of our midfield are setting the heather on fire right now.

Was listening to snyde tonight and big DJ defending MW. Reckons its the players and not the manager. To a degree he has a point but the manager signs the players and the only one he has signed who plays on a regular basis is Hill. I hope Hodson stars tomorrow, we need to keep it tight in defence(no laughing at the back) and Tav is not good for anyone blood pressure at RB. We really need to get back into it again, back on the horse. We don't have to visit tynecastle again this season and I fancy us to pick up something at the sheep, so if we just get our act together we should, hopefully, be a shoe in for second. It may come down to a last game v sheep at Ibrox though?

Which is true. You see schoolboy errors by folk that have been rather steady before, if not shining. But as has been said, it is not our defence that is the root of our problems. Teams will always lose games, and there are no "good goals to lose" from our persective.

Yet, the concern is that those charge with scoring goals have posted badly missing this season. It sure doesn't help when Gardner and Dodoo are injured for long spells. But when those who whipped in goals last season, Waghorn, Tavernier and Holt simply can't find the net, every goal conceded essentially counts twice. Windass also struggles for form ... and for one reason or another, the one chap who likes to have a go every time he goes forward, Forrester, finds himself on the bench, no matter where we play and whom we play.

IMHO, it is high-time for folk willing to prove themselves to the manager and the fans being given a chance to impress. Dodoo and Forrester would be prime candidates for games like today, but I bet my bottom Euro that the front line will be exactly like the one at Tynecastle or Motherwell. And thus, MW joins in a long tradition of Rangers managers to frustrate this fan.

My line-up, also as a test for tougher games to come:

Foderingham

Hodson - Wilson/Kiernan/Bates - Hill - Wallace

Tavernier - Hyndman

Forrester - Miller - McKay

Waghorn

Miller being the creative spark in the attack, which he does anyway, Waghorn with the order to stay up top.

Tavernier the enforcer/destroyer next to the more creative (and build from the back) Hyndman, which both being able to go further forward if opportunity presents itself. Tav also there to double up and strengthen the defence should Hodson or Wallace venture up the park. Toral, Dodoo, and Windass for later.

Edited by der Berliner