Ralston in the Record: MW on borrowed time

I know, I find it sad and unedifying and expect better from a Rangers Board. What hope is there when the backstabbing occurs at that level?

They need to bear in mind that if they give Warburton his jotters and if his replacement can't wave a magic wand then that only leaves one target left and they more than anyone should know what happens when the fan base turns against their Board.

Sadly it appears the decision has been made and all that remains is the timing.

Do you really think the decision has been made? I've been critical of the Manager for a while, but I'm not sure that changing the Manager would be the right decision going forward.

Do you really think the decision has been made? I've been critical of the Manager for a while, but I'm not sure that changing the Manager would be the right decision going forward.

Great way to install confidence in a struggling side.

Really thought this Board wouldn't be so myopic.

C378LBpWYAIZcY6.jpg:large

To be fair he's not alone , the majority of our support expected us to be buying , when we don't even have credit facilities with any bank sorted yet.
haha we have spent a fortune! Way more than was needed to secure second. Money is not the issue as far as beating hearts and Aberdeen. The board have backed the manager well

Utterly disgraceful from the board. The only thing you can say is at least its there own money being wasted like never before.

To be fair, we are talking about an article in the Daily Record who are speculating on MW's future. The board has not made any public comment on the manager's future and given our 'dignified silence' on all matters, it seems unlikely that this stance will change. Are we not reading too much into articles from Jackson and co, who are always are writing to their market? Their job is to sell newspapers/get clicks on websites and the more controversial, the better (from their perspective).

Personally, I think it is unlikely that there will be any short term management changes. MW will be given to the end of the season and then the performance would be assessed, even if we lost to Morton in the SC. Although that would seal his fate. (IMHO). Simply put, what is the alternative? Frank de Boer is unemployed currently, but what could he do with this team now? Gary Rowett ex-Birmingham? Would follow the same model as Warburton i.e. identifying cheap youngsters with potential from the lower English leagues. Could Davie Weir step up? Nothing to suggest that he would take a radically different approach and has blotted his copy book with his inability to improve a porous defensive unit over the past 18 months. The entire team was signed by Warburton/McParland, and although they have been found wanting, they are the team until the next transfer window. If a new manager comes in now, they know that they are going to be replaced and could just down tools. Not everyone is like Lafferty who only played well in the last few matches of a season when he was looking for a new contract!

If the Board is minded to sack the manager, et al., why is it doing it in the pages of the DR?

If the Board is split, how does the pro-dismissal faction expect sensationalist articles from the pages of the DR to convince the pro-retain faction?

Surely I need remind no one that this organ is a fhilth dominated and funded rag, a propaganda sheet of the lowest and most obvious kind. It is, at present,

shamelessly shit stirring, with the principal purpose of weakening Rangers even more. The issue of MW's competence is actually an irrelevance in this respect.

There is a game afoot, and it requires Rangers to be out of the picture, otherwise engaged, or lying bleeding in a corner , desole et sans provision.

Edited by Uilleam