BDO sue Duff & Phelps

Could it be BDO think D&P sold off the assets far too cheaply hence this legal action against them ?

£5.5m was it ? Always did seem ultra cheap to me. Wouldn't have bought half of Auchenhowie with that

If there is clear evidence of a higher offer, then D&P were negligent in their duties.

If there is clear evidence of a higher offer, then D&P were negligent in their duties.

I seem to remember them demanding cash up front - half a million ?? - so somebody could be considered as being preferred bidder or something. I also seem to recall that nobody apart from Green would put that money up.

I seem to remember them demanding cash up front - half a million ?? - so somebody could be considered as being preferred bidder or something. I also seem to recall that nobody apart from Green would put that money up.

Lol they demanded it from the blue knights but not green.

Duff and phelps told the blue knights that hmrc would accept a cva. They told them they had won the race. They tried to get a non refundable 500k out them then they sold us to green who bid 26k more.

Then the cva failed and the sold the assets to green for 5.5 million.

Despit having a higher offer for them from jim mccoll and walter smith.

If they dont go to jail its a travesty.

Lol they demanded it from the blue knights but not green.

Duff and phelps told the blue knights that hmrc would accept a cva. They told them they had won the race. They tried to get a non refundable 500k out them then they sold us to green who bid 26k more.

Then the cva failed and the sold the assets to green for 5.5 million.

Despit having a higher offer for them from jim mccoll and walter smith.

If they dont go to jail its a travesty.

A travesty, or a tragedy, for which you might well blame the "authorities".

It has long been my belief that The Crown Office and Procurator Fiscal Service has not the wisdom, the wit, nor, critically, the will to pursue this matter to a conclusion.

If an organisation does not have particular, essential, skills in-house, then it will out-source, sub-contract as those less inclined to current jargon might say. If COPSF had really wanted to pursue a case, and realising that the knowledge and experience of its staff fell somewhat short, it would have appointed an Advocate, and others, versed in the appropriate areas of law. Maybe it considered this; maybe it took advice; I am inclined to scepticism.