Management Resigned ?

In partial defence of McLeish, he was in charge when the finances started to bite (something he's repeated down south, for his sins). In his poorest season, he had that ridiculous supermarket sweep for players shortly before the season started to try and put a team out. He's also probably the manager that's given our youth players the most chance, albeit as a consequence of dramatic cost-cutting. At his worst, he had us playing a pretty but ineffectual passing game. But he's only being touted as an interim manager to the season's end. Unless we go on some extraordinary unbeaten run under him, winning the cup and smashing the Tims in remaining fixtures, he wouldn't be looked at for the long term. It's not particularly inspiring but can't see anyone we might really like the look of taking it until the summer. And if he does ok, he's refreshed his cv and has a route back into management elsewhere.

At his worst the football was every bit as bad as it was under McCoist. I would rather we put a scarecrow on the touchline.

Edited by Ser Barristan Selmy

I'm older than you mate. The question though was about Rodgers - do you think he'd do well in Europe with our squad ?

No Boabie, I certainly do not. he didn't do well with the one he's got. I'm not quite sure why they keep getting praised for 3 draws.

Yes, he won the league in 04-05 at the last minute. We should be winning leagues though. It's a 2 team league so we're bound to win the league a lot. With Klos, Ricksen, Boumsong, Arveladze, Prso, Lovenkrands etc was it really much of an achievement? Even if wages had been cut, we still had a team of internationalists all being paid a fortune.

McLeish has proven consistently that he is a woeful manager. Just look at his record since leaving us. Nobody half decent is interested in him anymore.

If its not out of the ordinary why try to hide it in you assesement.