Well who's next

Lifted from FF. Might be more nonsense but would explain delay.

Okay, so I'm not usually one for the "sources, rumour mill" stuff, however. Heard from someone in work this morning (definitely trust him not to be BS-ing, but take with a pnich of salt if you like).

He was out on Friday night and was talking to a guy who is a scout at Aberdeen. He said:

- P Murray interviewed McInnes and as good as offered him the job

- McInnes wants to take Aberdeen's current equivaent of DoF - note, he's not a DoF, but "Head of Football" for want of the actual title. He gets on well with him and wants him to come if McInnes gets the job. Paul Murray apparently agreed to this and we are willing to pay compo required for both

- As far as McInnes was concerned, he as good as had the job after the interview, but then the talk of Pedro and Wilson took over and he has heard nothing direct regarding the job from us since

- Murray apparently went back to the board and they are split right down the middle, half wanting McInnes, the other half wanting Wilson/Pedro. Walter has been spoken to for his thoughts and thinks McInnes should get it (evidenced by his comments on Sky)

- King apparently has one focus and one focus only - he is after Ashley and wants to humiliate him, so he is not being particularly hands-on in the processes around the football side

As I said, take with a pinch of salt if you like. In all honesty, I don't think any of it is far-fetched and the split in the board would be at least a partial explanation for the time things are taking. Of course, could all be shite, but there you go...

I suspect that

1. if Rangers had illicitly approached McInnes, and that this was common knowledge at Pittodrie, it would have been all over the press and other media, by now;

2.in such a circumstance, it would be likely that a formal complaint would already be with the SFA/SPFL, and that this would be publicised by all and sundry; even The Grand Lodge of Scotland would be unable to ensure silence, or to save the Club from a terrible and just fate:

3. if Rangers had sought permission from the oviphiles to talk to McInnes, it likewise would have been in all the public prints, and blared from every radio, and TV, in the land.

Edited by Uilleam

- McInnes wants to take Aberdeen's current equivaent of DoF - note, he's not a DoF, but "Head of Football" for want of the actual title. He gets on well with him and wants him to come if McInnes gets the job.

Who is that? I've done a quick google search but can't find anyone holding that position at Aberdeen.

So another week goes by and nobody outside of the board appears to know anything. Let's face it, there's been zero leaks and quite a few of those "solid" rumours posted online now, none of which have come to any fruition and none have really been picked up by the press other than in a passing mention.

Who is that? I've done a quick google search but can't find anyone holding that position at Aberdeen.

Here, in all its horror, lies the management team. Open at your peril.....

http://www.afc.co.uk/teams/management.php

Directors are below; thankfully no photos:

Chairman Stewart Milne

Vice-Chairman

George Yule

CEO Duncan Fraser

Board of Directors

Craig Brown

Ian Jack

Duncan Skinner

Colin Welsh

Football Manager Derek McInnes

So another week goes by and nobody outside of the board appears to know anything. Let's face it, there's been zero leaks and quite a few of those "solid" rumours posted online now, none of which have come to any fruition and none have really been picked up by the press other than in a passing mention.

Quite. in the absence of information, everyone speculates: media, and especially social media, abhors a vacuum. But it's reasonable to ask what the eff is going on after all this time. But I would say that the rumours about Portuguese bloke must have some foundation: if everyone's just pulling names out of their respective backsides, Eck, Davies, McInnes, even Pardew or De Boer would be understandable. But a Portuguese bloke even the Blizzard readers haven't discovered yet?

Thanks Uilleam, but none of the management team fit into a description of "head of football" and there are only 2 executive directors (George Yule and Duncan Fraser) who appear to deal mainly with non-footballing issues.

Given there isn't an Aberdeen HoF it throws even more doubt as to the veracity of the story.