Well who's next

Check this out ....

http://shoof.alkass.net/shoof/play.php?id=QVpsRnpXaHA5MHhOOD0q

It's what Pedro does on his day off, but wait til you see the footage of him protecting his father from a bull. Not sure if you've seen it, but if you have you'll appreciate the bravery of the man. Amazing!

I can just imagine him saying to the players, "I've taken a bull's horn in my back to protect my father so I expect you will take a ball in the face to protect our goal".

Tactical Periodisation is quite interesting. It's main concern is transitions from the Moments of Play (Defensive Organisation, Transition from Defense to Attack, Offensive Organisation and Transition from Attack to Defense) and an integrated approach to training whereby every training session is adapted to include game scenarios to help the above transitions.

Edited by Rousseau

[tweet]839469476965908481[/tweet]

I'm now convinced it's just what we need!

This is a big problem; guys stuck in the past and unwilling to change and look to the future. A DoF may not be a cure-all but sticking to what we've done is hardly the best move.

Edited by Rousseau

Tactical Periodisation is quite interesting. It's main concern is transitions from the Moments of Play (Defensive Organisation, Transition from Defense to Attack, Offensive Organisation and Transition from Attack to Defense) and an integrated approach to training whereby every training session is adapted to include game scenarios to help the above transitions.

In other words, making the most of the mistakes your opponent makes, and minimising the impact of mistakes you make. Easier said than done, but it does mean that the players will be working harder in games and in training.

In other words, making the most of the mistakes your opponent makes, and minimising the impact of mistakes you make. Easier said than done, but it does mean that the players will be working harder in games and in training.

That would be the outcome, ideally. I would also hope it means our players will be well-drilled. I also like the idea that it is just a framework, where a Coach can apply a defensive approach and/or an attacking approach depending on the situation.

Edited by Rousseau