Statement from King

So basically all the times I've bought shares in companies I've never actually made an actual investment in the company the only times I've actually made an actual investment is when I took part in any rights issues they had, is that correct?

Think we are arguing different points here .This is specifically about DKs statement and his previous statements regards investing for the future or rather over investing .

What we all do as individual shareholders in companies who's shares we buy makes no difference to that company , however I would argue that doesn't hold ground when it comes to DK making statement via the official club site or via Sky TV , which comes with a " we now have an official statement from Rangers " message before it .

Just my opinion of course .

It does right across the top in big blue letters it clearly says statement from dave king. Its also discussed (badly tbf) in the first paragraph and also he signs of as just dave king. They also placed it right next to the official club statement which is titled as such.

The first paragraph says "I have issued a select number of statements to give supporters a reliable update on the progression that your board committed to almost two years ago."

"Your board" - He is referring to the Board and not himself personally.

"The Board committed to" - any commitment by the board has to be in respect of the company. What they do personally in respect of buying shares can't generally be a commitment by the board. He would say "shareholders" if he was talking about share purchases.

The first paragraph says "I have issued a select number of statements to give supporters a reliable update on the progression that your board committed to almost two years ago."

"Your board" - He is referring to the Board and not himself personally.

"The Board committed to" - any commitment by the board has to be in respect of the company. What they do personally in respect of buying shares can't generally be a commitment by the board. He would say "shareholders" if he was talking about share purchases.

And he should be far too experienced to make that mistake if he was infact talking as an individual

Think we are arguing different points here .This is specifically about DKs statement and his previous statements regards investing for the future or rather over investing .

What we all do as individual shareholders in companies who's shares we buy makes no difference to that company , however I would argue that doesn't hold ground when it comes to DK making statement via the official club site or via Sky TV , which comes with a " we now have an official statement from Rangers " message before it .

Just my opinion of course .

When I buy shares in a company I consider it an investment the fortunes or more likely in my case the misfortunes of said company and certainly consider the purchase of the shares as part of my investment portfolio.

If King were to sell the shares he purchased in the market back on to the market and reinvested the money in a new super duper rights issue would that be considered an investment?

Edited by forlanssister

When I buy shares in a company I consider it an investment the fortunes or more likely in my case the misfortunes of said company and certainly consider the purchase of the shares as part of my investment portfolio.

If King were to sell the shares he purchased in the market back on to the market and reinvested the money in a new super duper rights issue would that be considered an investment?

A personal investment certainly, however where this is going discussion is going astray , is that DK always talked about investing when he gained CONTROL of the club , it's a completely different thing in my opinion .

If he was just an normal investor he could say what he wanted ; this guy is the chairman of our club, his statements are always going to have more weight plus he's going to be held account quite rightly for the statements he made before he gained control when he was asking fans to boycott games etc .

A personal investment certainly, however where this is going discussion is going astray , is that DK always talked about investing when he gained CONTROL of the club , it's a completely different thing in my opinion .

If he was just an normal investor he could say what he wanted ; this guy is the chairman of our club, his statements are always going to have more weight plus he's going to be held account quite rightly for the statements he made before he gained control when he was asking fans to boycott games etc .

He didn't gain control he was just part of a group that did.

There are plenty of sticks with which to beat King with but I think there are many to used before this particular semantic, I'm far more concerned why this situation was allowed to fester the way it was reaching the point it did and far more concerned about the shambolic way it's been handled than whether the initial share purchase can be considered an investment or not.

Edited by forlanssister
Shite spelling

The simple thing is that when King is talking about his investment in Rangers, he is talking about how much of his personal wealth he has spent on his "Rangers project". To his mind that will include all monies paid out on share purchases to gain his shareholding and ultimately, control of the club, as well as these loan notes that are to be converted when the time is right.

I dont think he separates between money spent on share purchase which went outwith the club, and money spent to keep the club going and to improve the club. to him, it is all money spent on Rangers.

He is of course wrong to speak of it like this, especially as a plc chairman, but he never was the sharpest tack........

buying shares in a company is investment. Either way the £5m is included in the £18m all ready spent

Buying shares in a company is a personal investment; it is not an investment in the the company. There's a world of difference.

Edited by BrahimHemdani