Nil By Mouth survey on Strict Liability

It is entirely legitimate to ask which club the respondents support so they can show results per club support.

I put Celtic as the club I support...so the survey results will be very misleading then.

There is no reason whatsoever to ask what team you support when conducting this sort of thing unless there is a hidden agenda.

I have no idea, I don't know anything about NbM or how they operate.

But there seems no doubt that they support strict liability and would like the survey to show that they have public support. I thought it was well balanced and I suspect it was drawn up professionally. It is entirely legitimate to ask which club the respondents support so they can show results per club support. Equally I assume that Club 1872, like most but not all (as evidenced on here) Rangers fans are opposed to strict liability, hence theirsurvey which they know will show the opposite view. I wouldn't be surprised if every club in the land (Celtic included) produce their own survey showing their fans are 95% opposed and that's precisely the reason (plus the Clubs being opposed) why it will come into place.

remember the tim who ran onto the pitch and chained himself to the goalpost when we played that Israelie team ?...and we got sanctioned for it by Uefa !

I listened to "off to Dublin in the green" when growing up in the Gallowgate constantly...I sung back (along with my mates it must be said) "Hello Hello We Are The Billy Boys"...general banter especially where I grew up in the East End.

The potato famine saw the rich Irish go to America, the ones with little money went to Liverpool, the really poor were shipped to where I was eventually brought up in Calton/Gallowgate...I didn't mind the 'banter' thrived on it along with the 'other side' it went hand in hand tbh. That was with the 'Establishment' in charge...now they can't take it now that they are in charge of Bonnie Scotland.

remember the tim who ran onto the pitch and chained himself to the goalpost when we played that Israelie team ?...and we got sanctioned for it by Uefa !

Yes I remember it very well.

It is the job of the home Club to prevent such occurrences and difficult as it may seem that is the point of strict liability; there is no defence.

If all the numerous offences for which Celtic have been fined by UEFA over the years had occurred in Scottish games no action could have been taken against them because "reasonably practicable" offers a 100% defence.

Arguing about the severity of the UEFA punishments is another matter entirely.

Since when is the SFA responsible for arresting fans for public order or any other offences?

Had it been adequately planned and resourced by the SFA there would have been no public order.

Your anecdotes have nothing whatsoever to do with strict liability because as I said it is the Clubs that will be in the dock not the individual fans and references to the season being extended, tours etc are not examples of unacceptable conduct of fans.

They have everything to do with it as the judges showing clear bias against Rangers fans are the same judges you want to judge Rangers for the behaviour of their fans, if you think that bias will evaporate then you're deluded if anything it will get worse.

References to the season being extended etc are references to the bias shown against Rangers by the very institutions you want to implement strict liability.

The poll on Club 1872 is running something like 94% against to 6% for the adoption of strict liability.

I listened to "off to Dublin in the green" when growing up in the Gallowgate constantly...I sung back (along with my mates it must be said) "Hello Hello We Are The Billy Boys"...general banter especially where I grew up in the East End.

The potato famine saw the rich Irish go to America, the ones with little money went to Liverpool, the really poor were shipped to where I was eventually brought up in Calton/Gallowgate...I didn't mind the 'banter' thrived on it along with the 'other side' it went hand in hand tbh. That was with the 'Establishment' in charge...now they can't take it now that they are in charge of Bonnie Scotland.

I wouldn't argue with much of that; but it is a fact that we live in a different world now. Drink driving was acceptable back then, you could call a person from Pakistan a P***, gay marriage was a ludicrous concept etc etc

Why does strict liability mean independent panels? The usual SFA panels could be used. Surely strict liability is just looking at who is responsible? It could still be the SFA compliance officer who decides who gets pulled up.

I agree as I said "the term "strict liability" refers to the liability not the sentencing". However, I think that the SFA would be well advised to use independent panels and I would be surprised if that was not written into the rules in due course. I would be shocked if there was not an independent appeal route at the very least.