The Championship

Probably deserves a thread of its own. By far the most competitive league in the world. Always entertaining.

Glad to see Sheff Wed doing well, would love to see them back up along with Leeds and Newcastle but Brighton are going to go up and fair play to Chris Hughton who is proving to be a quality manager.

Cardiff are on a roll now and Warnock knows how to get results in this league.

Aston Villa - what is going on there. I thought Steve Bruce would turn them around and get to the play offs but are only 6 points clear of the relegation zone.

Blackburn - another big name who could go down, wouldnt care if they did as their owners are nuts.

Magpies, Wednesday, PNE, Villa, Forest, Wolve all big names from Sports Report on the wireless in the distant days of childhood. No telly then, so your "visuals" came from cinema newsreel a week out of date and the magazine Charles Buchan's Football Monthly. Superb photography most of it black and white.

Get rid of the Norwiches, Sotons, Stokes and Palaces and that poncey Chelsea and bring back these great names plus Bolton and Sheffield United while we're at it.

I apologise to followers of my reject clubs for my prejudice, bias and arrogance - except Chelsea of course, deserved champions-elect. Damn them.

It really should be a Premier League 2.

Are PNE a big side though Scott? The others you have listed are.

Even League 1 - Bolton, Sheff Utd, Charlton and Coventry. The latter are having a nightmare, and to recall they were a decent Premier team not so long ago.

Wednesday faltering but Town back on the rails.

I think Newcastle will win.

Yup I could see Sheff wed losing a few but good time to have a blip while the chasing pack arent winning. They will get back on winning ways.

I fancy Brighton tonight - Hughton against his old side.

• 3 weeks later...

Bristol City played well, I watched most of the game. They have jumped above Blackburn, Forest and Brighton. Forest only 1 point above the relegation zone and Derby today will be tough.

Sheff Wed just hitting bad form at the wrong time but still have enough to turn it around. Fulham and Preston both have great chances today to make it a 4 horse race for the last play off spot. I can see Leeds and Reading staying there but Leeds have got Brighton today so they could slip back also.

What a league. Fulham twice in a week at home have a chance to get into the play offs against relegation threatened teams but pick up 1 point. Thats what happened to Derby. 2-2 with Blackburn and 1-3 v Wolves.

Forest - Jammy against Derby, stole a draw in the 94th minute.

Newcastle draw at Birmingham, and Brighton losing at leeds so not a bad weekend for Huddersfield after all.

Very good battle at the bottom between Blackburn, Burton, Bristol City and Forest.

Edited by Gribz