[FT] Celtic 1 - 1 Rangers (Hill 87)

Why would a Bear tweet this?

In the full expectation that some mank would retweet it as a genuine photograph ?

It's probably now on every mank forum as "proof" that Miller should have been sent off.

I saw Griffiths on the Scottish news there saying Hill didn't touch the ball. I hope somebody here with more knowledge than I have can post a gif showing him up for the lying bassa he is.

Watch the highlights and when you see the camera view looking towards the goal, which is what Madden sees, you'll see the ball change direction. If the ball had continued straight towards goal then Madden would have had to make a decision.

However, since it did change direction and from Madden's position, behind the play, he can't be sure it was anything other than contact by Hill and hence he can't call a penalty.

In the full expectation that some mank would retweet it as a genuine photograph ?

It's probably now on every mank forum as "proof" that Miller should have been sent off.

Fair enough.

The ridiculous things they claim become accepted over the years as "real", however. They have had "fake news" down to a tee long before Trump came along. Lie, repeat it, lie, repeat it, Lie, repeat it, lie, repeat it,Lie, repeat it, lie, repeat it,Lie, repeat it, lie, repeat it,Lie, repeat it, lie, repeat it,Lie, repeat it, lie, repeat it,Lie, repeat it, lie, repeat it,Lie, repeat it, lie, repeat it, = repeat ad infinitum until everyone thinks it is "true".

2019, sitting in a bar somewhere, "but remember that time Miller attacked wan of ours head high and youse hunz just got aff wi it cos Madden's a mason..."

Edited by SteveC

Having watched the major incidents now my thoughts are :

1. I don't think that anyone can blame Foderingham for the 1st goal. I read during the game someone saying he gave a goal up to his "near post" - however, if you look at it, there really is no "near post" - It isn't as if Armstrong is hitting it from an acute angle - he is hitting it from about the 18 yard line and he isn't that far outside the left post - had Fod covered the left post then the right post would have been gaping. I would contend (and Frankie would be better disposed to speak of it than me) that Foderingham's positioning was pretty much spot on. Sometimes you have to just hold your hand up and accept that it was a fine strike.

2. Brown's elbow on Holt wasn't as bad as I first thought - though I have seen red cards given for less. I think that he merely tries to prevent Holt from challenging from the ball having realized that he (Brown) himself hadn't reacted to Holt's attempted run in front of him. He definitely makes contact but I am not wholly convinced it was meant as a forearm smash on Holt - more of a blocking attempt. But, as I said, I have seen players sent off for less (Nasri last night for example....). Didn't see his earlier one.

3. Dembele should be offered a 2 match ban for simulation and attempting to con the ref. One reporter said he "merely tripped" which is nonsense. He deliberately stubs his foot on the ground and falls over - it was clearly an attempt to feign contact - we have had players who have been given 2 match bans (Aluko for example) for less - the Compliance Officer should be busy at work as we speak, but wont be

4. Roberts - Holt's challenge on Roberts was perfect and he took the ball. However, given the "wraparound" nature of the challenge had the ref given a free kick we couldn't have complained too much. Not a booking though because a) there was no malice or intent and b) he won the ball. Roberts, however, should be ashamed of himself for his theatrics - absolutely appalling behavior - nothing wrong with him.

5. The penalty incident - Hill won the ball, however, he was being physical with Griffiths. What we have to remember, though, is that just because there is contact doesn't mean the ref has to give a penalty (when I saw what "we" must remember I clearly mean Celtic fans) - this was in the closing moments of the game and the ref would have been struggling to keep up with an end to end game - which means he got caught behind the ball. Which almost any ref would have been in fairness at that stage of the game. He sees it from behind and, to be honest, I am not convinced that if he saw it from any other angle he would have judged it differently. What he saw was the ball change direction, which it did, because Hill got his foot to the ball. If he isn't 100% convinced it is a penalty then he simply cant give it. Indeed, Celtic fans have themselves to thank for this because it was their hounding of refs over decisions against them which would have seen refs decide that if they weren't sure then they wouldn't give it. I could be wrong but from what I saw of the incident if the ref was going to give anything to Celtic then it would have been a free kick outside of the box as that was when physical contact was first made by Hill on Griffiths. Again, this is one of those that could have gone either way. Unfortunately for Madden it now sees him labeled a "cheat", a "hun", a "Mason" and many other worse terms - because Celtic can never, ever have decisions go against them and them be merely mistakes (BTW, I am not saying that Madden made any mistakes with these decisions - indeed, with all the big decisions, it could easily be argued that he got them spot on - if you were unbiased of course).

To sum it up, from watching just the important incidents (I attempted to watch the full game last night but fell asleep after the 1st 10 minutes. Will try again tonight) I think that Madden had a more than decent game - he had his fair share of incidents to deal with and he dealt with them well. Nobody from Celtic will mention that they COULD have been down to 10 men in the 1st half from Brown making contact with Holt but they will play on the penalty incident from now until the end of the season. There is absolutely no middle ground with them - they are always cheated.

MADD HOUSE Old Firm referee Bobby Madden taken out of the firing line as he’s handed Dunfermline vs Ayr United Championship clash this weekend.

The ref has come under-fire after failing to award Celtic a penalty when Leigh Griffiths was floored by Clint Hill.

UNDER-FIRE ref Bobby Madden has been handed a Championship clash this weekend*– a week after his controversial Old Firm debut.

The whistler will be the man in the middle at East End Park as Dunfermline take on Ayr United on Saturday.

Madden has faced heavy criticism*after snubbing a late penalty claim by Leigh Griffiths when the Celtic striker was brought down in the box by Clint Hill*in Sunday’s 1-1 draw at Parkhead.

Rangers*defender Hill, 37, later admitted he was LUCKY not to concede a last gasp spot-kick and said:*“Maybe, yeah.

“It could have gone either way and with it being here at their place, nine times out of ten it is given.“It was a last-ditch attempt to try and get the ball. I don’t know if I got it or not.”

Hoops star Griffiths also claimed Madden asked if he should have awarded Celtic a penalty.

He added:*“It was a penalty. He didn’t touch the ball and the referee asked ME afterwards: ‘Did he touch the ball’?

“I told him he didn’t, but that was after the incident had passed and he can’t go back and give it then.

“He has to either give the penalty or book me for diving. I was about to put the ball in the back of the net and, if you look back, he’s caught me waist high.”

Madden was also slammed*for allowing Jason Holt to get away with a scissors challenge on Mikael Lustig.

And SFA chiefs have moved*to take the 38-year-old out the firing line by appointing him for Saturday’s fixture in Dunfermline.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/725817/old-firm-referee-bobby-madden-taken-out-of-the-firing-line-as-hes-handed-dunfermline-vs-ayr-united-championship-clash-this-weekend/

MADD HOUSE Old Firm referee Bobby Madden taken out of the firing line as he’s handed Dunfermline vs Ayr United Championship clash this weekend.

The ref has come under-fire after failing to award Celtic a penalty when Leigh Griffiths was floored by Clint Hill.

UNDER-FIRE ref Bobby Madden has been handed a Championship clash this weekend*– a week after his controversial Old Firm debut.

The whistler will be the man in the middle at East End Park as Dunfermline take on Ayr United on Saturday.

Madden has faced heavy criticism*after snubbing a late penalty claim by Leigh Griffiths when the Celtic striker was brought down in the box by Clint Hill*in Sunday’s 1-1 draw at Parkhead.

Rangers*defender Hill, 37, later admitted he was LUCKY not to concede a last gasp spot-kick and said:*“Maybe, yeah.

“It could have gone either way and with it being here at their place, nine times out of ten it is given.“It was a last-ditch attempt to try and get the ball. I don’t know if I got it or not.”

Hoops star Griffiths also claimed Madden asked if he should have awarded Celtic a penalty.

He added:*“It was a penalty. He didn’t touch the ball and the referee asked ME afterwards: ‘Did he touch the ball’?

“I told him he didn’t, but that was after the incident had passed and he can’t go back and give it then.

“He has to either give the penalty or book me for diving. I was about to put the ball in the back of the net and, if you look back, he’s caught me waist high.”

Madden was also slammed*for allowing Jason Holt to get away with a scissors challenge on Mikael Lustig.

And SFA chiefs have moved*to take the 38-year-old out the firing line by appointing him for Saturday’s fixture in Dunfermline.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/725817/old-firm-referee-bobby-madden-taken-out-of-the-firing-line-as-hes-handed-dunfermline-vs-ayr-united-championship-clash-this-weekend/

Unbelievable that he has been demoted and an equally unbelievable article that skirts around telling any truth.

Beware those(he) in the corridors of power.No use investigating the reason as there will be no paper/cyber trail.If ancient punishments were still in force the very least Madden would have got was being sent to the stocks but given he did not award the so called penalty it called to be given the death penalty.:devil::eek2: