Ferguson as the manager's third assistant

I think BF was a marvellous player for us. An outstanding Scottish talent of his time (perhaps not saying much) and easily at home on the pitch v. illustrious opponents (this does). Oh to have a midfielder of his tenacity and vision (always head up, surveying the pitch) in our team now.

However, this would be a terrible move, if true, which more looks unlikely.

I have to say that the abuse towards most ex Rangers,(and current players), players these days is embarrassing!, I'm glad nobody from this site and others have anything to do with appointing managers/coaches for the club!.

To be fair it is only Ferguson and McCoist that get a lot of critique, both quite understandable in my eyes.

To be fair it is only Ferguson and McCoist that get a lot of critique, both quite understandable in my eyes.

Why are you so against Ferguson? Even if he has in your eyes - committed the ultimate sin - does a man not deserve a second chance?

Barry Ferguson has come a long way from PLG era - not to mention captaining us to a UEFA cup final.

Why are you so against Ferguson? Even if he has in your eyes - committed the ultimate sin - does a man not deserve a second chance?

Barry Ferguson has come a long way from PLG era - not to mention captaining us to a UEFA cup final.

7af4ff7126ac78e020876c113a8b95c7de4b85f7.jpg

What does this prove exactly? Young guy in the spotlight being made public enemy number one and a scapegoat by the Scottish Media?

Or the response of an experienced professional having been told by his highly respected manager to "...keep yer heid doon."

Edited by forlanssister

Many see a problem, not one specifically with BF, or Bomber, for that matter, but with the general and apparent necessity to invoke the terms and conditions of

The Old Pals (Scotland) Act 1872, as amended by the various Money for Old Rope (Scotland) Acts, and all without question, as soon as a job at Rangers appears.

Appoint the best man, regardless, say I.

However, there is a more, well, sinister way of looking at the current clamour for our prodigal ex-Captain, Barry Ferguson, to return to the fold, fatted calf, and all.

I still don't know what the job actually is. I suspect that the only man who does know is Senhor Caixinha, although his support staff will, no doubt, have an inkling. It appears strange,that "Board members" are prepared, as we are told, to lobby for Barry Ferguson to fill the vacancy, the duties of which seem unclear.

To me this means:

Board members, having bought the Portuguese dog, so to speak, now wish to bark themselves, as far as recruitment to the Coaching Division is concerned; it seems clear that they wish to have someone on the inside of the Coaching Division, beholden to them, not to the Manager/Head Coach, for his position, and, thus, we may speculate, likely to give them the skinny, from his viewpoint mark you, on anything and everything, within the Coaching Division. That such will be regaled to the Daily Record, etc., in short order, we may take as read.

Interestingly, PC, in one of his public appearances, stressed the supreme importance of loyalty among his staff. He followed Alex Ferguson in this regard. It is a cliche, but nonetheless true, that a man may not serve two masters.

Let us embark upon a bold, new, innovative, strategy, but, to reduce its chances of success, let us introduce potential conflict at the earliest opportunity.

Edited by Uilleam