INTERVIEW | Dave King | March 2017

I thought his interviews were great and a really good advert for our club. If you're a manager or a player, or anyone else potentially working with the club, I can imagine he'd be exactly what you'd be looking for in a chairman. And having listened to the way he speaks about the club, it's clear we already have fan ownership. He is a sensible supporter and from my perspective appears to be doing everything reasonable to help the club he supports. He seems to be open and frank in his responses and I respect the way he tries to tell us as much as he can.

Of course we will continue to scrutinise decisions and progress (as we should), but I'm confident we have a very decent guy at the helm.

Nice one Dave! Now get back to SA and keep your wife happy. Safe journey.

I don't think the chairman of the board has to be at the club on a daily basis. We employ people to run the club and if they are not up to it they shouldn't be in a job. Also in these days of technology the world is very small. All he needs is a telephone and a video messenger programme and he is available 24 hours.

I don't think the chairman of the board has to be at the club on a daily basis. We employ people to run the club and if they are not up to it they shouldn't be in a job. Also in these days of technology the world is very small. All he needs is a telephone and a video messenger programme and he is available 24 hours.

This was all blown out of proportion by the Scottish gutter press just to have another dig at Rangers FC, probably why the rHecord wasn't invited to the DK Q&A!, I have not met a Rangers fan who believes he should be in Scotland @ Ibrox, shit stirring is what it is.

This was all blown out of proportion by the Scottish gutter press just to have another dig at Rangers FC, probably why the rHecord wasn't invited to the DK Q&A!, I have not met a Rangers fan who believes he should be in Scotland @ Ibrox, shit stirring is what it is.

His response to it was excellent though.

1. I wont be leaving South Africa as that is where home is. If I left my wife would divorce me, not happening

2. I watch every single game. I have Rangers TV (shameless plug for RTV - should have said the quality was excellent :D). So I don't need to actually be there all the time

It is interesting how the media are all over DK for not being at Ibrox often enough yet Desmond gets a free run across the city despite playing Lord Lucan.

Good questions and good answers; however it was not clear given what he said about compensation why Rangers agreed to let W&Co go without compensation.

My understanding from what he said is that his 'initial' reaction was to reject their request to go for no compensation. However it then appears that it was in our best interest just to let them go.

I think there have been some games played by Notts Forest and MW here. It no doubt started off with the agent believing that Rangers would be willing to let them go. When our board initially said no to freeing them, they could have done that believing that forest would just pay compensation anyway. Forest may then have pretended (along with MW) to reject MW and his team. This may have been a bluff to get our board to then accept their resignations and the no-compensation agreement, knowing fine well that the board was unhappy with their performances anyway. With our board then believing that we were 'stuck' with the management team afterall they've perhaps then decided to accept the agent's offer.

That's perhaps exactly what MW and the team wanted to achieve and then they knew they had to leave it a little longer before they could properly take their roles in their new club.

Purely speculation of course ;-). Maybe that's why King is annoyed, because he feels the board was too easily played.

Edited by Gaffer

My understanding from what he said is that his 'initial' reaction was to reject their request to go for no compensation. However it then appears that it was in our best interest just to let them go.

I think there have been some games played by Notts Forest and MW here. It no doubt started off with the agent believing that Rangers would be willing to let them go. When our board initially said no to freeing them, they could have done that believing that forest would just pay compensation anyway. Forest may then have pretended (along with MW) to reject MW and his team. This may have been a bluff to get our board to then accept their resignations and the no-compensation agreement, knowing fine well that the board was unhappy with their performances anyway. With our board then believing that we were 'stuck' with the management team afterall they've perhaps then decided to accept the agent's offer.

That's perhaps exactly what MW and the team wanted to achieve and then they knew they had to leave it a little longer before they could properly take their roles in their new club.

Purely speculation of course ;-). Maybe that's why King is annoyed, because he feels the board was too easily played.

I think there might be quite lot of truth in your assessment.

One explanation would certainly be that it was cheaper to let them go with no compensation than to pay them off, if that was what the Board intended.

If they were going anyway, as now seems pretty certain, then they sold the Board a massive dummy.

If you are correct then Machiavelli would have been proud of their agent.