Dave King facing an uncertain Ibrox future

But the question is WHY the connection???

At what point in the RFC history was it decided that the club & it's supporters should be Unionist???

So WHY is the club classed as a Unionist club & in many ways puts that above being a Scottish club???

I don't know the answer but the fact I don't doesn't change the fact that there is a connection.

Time this sectarianism was put to bed once and for all. Scotland must be the only country in the world where the 2 major clubs claim allegiance to countries other than their own. Keltic won't like me saying this but they are a Scottish club and so are we.Do you think the Brexit voters in the South really care about RFC's Unon flag waving? They think we are a poor region of England not an equal partner in a union.

Since when has the Union Flag not been the flag of the country?

Sectarianism? What has sectarianism got to do with this thread?

It's always the same with some people bluedell. Typically nats supporters unionism=sectarianism in their parochial minds. Clearly there has always been a connection with Rangers and being British. We have flown the Union Jack over stands at ibrox to symbolise this.

Edited by cooponthewing

For the most part, I'm a big fan of The National - buy it daily since launched, and I am a huge supporter of Independence & paid up member of the SNP.

However, I have regularly completed feedback questionnaires for the paper and one thing I have constantly pulled them up on is the Pro-Ceptic bias. Regularly, the only football information is about Ceptic (so not just anti-RFC). The stance put forward in that article is very much from a Pro-Ceptic stand point & is what I have come to expect from many of the football articles. In fairness, over the past few months they have started printing a lot more about other clubs, but Martin Hannah's stance has always been clear, and I generally take anything he writes with a huge slice of bull$hit.

Martin Hannah has obviously not come to terms with the fact that it was deemed that no sporting advantage was gained by using the EBT scheme. Did it allow RFC to reward their players better - Yes, but the club still had to pay out a $hit load of cash into the funds.

To turn things around somewhat.....Ceptic have had a free-ride into the Champ league for the past number of seasons, this has then generated many £m's for them - does this offer them an unfair sporting advantage???

And yet you fund his wages.

There is no doubt connections between Rangers and the union, Though I have no idea of how and when it started though - Growing up in Ayrshire in the 80's I don't really recall Union jacks being a Rangers thing tbh?.

However, We as a club are a broad church, always have been and always will be - Quotes like above about 'typical nats' are as misguided as idiots outwith our club assuming that because I am a Rangers fan I am a tub thumping loyalist/Unionist.

There is one club in Scotland who's fans are 'encouraged' to think and act in a certain manner, and it's not us. We can think for ourselves.