Tv programme about Torbett - new allegations.

Clearly the US authorities don't want him on their soil, and it's quicker and cheaper if he leaves voluntarily.

While he is a UK citizen, I have to say that I should want him in this country only if he turns Queen's Evidence, and spills the jelly and ice cream on the fetid, rotten carcass of sellikfootballclub.

Yes, but it's a bit like finding a stinky rubbish bag has been dumped in your garden so you just fling it in to someone else's. (And that's without the bit about them not bothering to see if he falsified any documentation.)

Yes, but it's a bit like finding a stinky rubbish bag has been dumped in your garden so you just fling it in to someone else's. (And that's without the bit about them not bothering to see if he falsified any documentation.)

Yes, but the Yanquis are flinging him back from whence he came.

i thought that he might have headed for Brazil, but he's been there before, apparently.

Torbett has left the US. The authorities told him if he had entered without disclosing anything (they hadn't then checked and presumably won't now) he should have and they found this out then they'd come down on him - so he volunteered to leave and they let him do so. Seems a very odd way for authorities to behave to me.

Saves them the airfare.

Former Celtic Boys Club coach and founder Jim Torbett has appeared in court on a string of historical sex charges.

The 69-year-old from Glasgow faces three charges of lewd, indecent and libidinous practices and behaviours, and three charges of indecent assault.

He appeared from custody in private at Glasgow Sheriff Court.

He made no plea and was released on bail by sheriff John McCormick.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-39818163