Craig Houston statement

This whole episode has become about Craig Houston , whilst he is part of the issue the bigger picture seems to have been completely missed by the majority .

Craig Houston had every right to apply for the job he did , that neither he nor 3 other club1872 board members could see what the vast majority of us could see if the most worrying aspect .

That the incidents which also preceded this occurrence , have been banished from the minds of the same 3 current board members is almost alarming .

CH had been talked to on several different occasions by both JB and AW regards his attitude to the female members of the board and Christine Somerville , something that both gentlemen funnily enough failed to disclose at the club1862 meeting even after being asked .CH was also told that this was never a resignation matter prior to his decision as to whether to attend or not , yet he uses the resignation line again and again despite being told to the contrary .

The sabbatical that then wasn't a sabbatical nor was it a leave of absence , but just a two month absence that wasn't really an absence still hadn't been fully disclosed to anyone's satisfaction .

Then we have James Blair , the guy who stated at the club1872 meeting , " please don't quote me on the contents of the phone conversations two weeks ago as I don't have a very good memory and I get confused " a lawyer who has a very loose definition of a C of I and who stated when asked by myself at the hustings what he was going to bring to club1872 , " the first thing I'm going to do is write a code of conduct for the directors " and how many words has he written on this code so far , zero , nada , zilch , none .

The problem is not Craig Houston , but he is part of the problem , are the 3 resignees blameless , no of course not , I believe they were hasty in their actions and should have had it out at a board meeting , however I fully understand their frustrations and share those frustrations .

I fully believe their actions were fully in line with club 1872s core principals , and I fully support them in the actions they took , what happens next is anyone's guess , the current board will limp on hoping to get to Sept and fresh elections , by which time JB will no longer be standing and can slink off into the long grass .

As an aside it is also worth noting that a Twitter profile appeared the day after the resignations which had access to information only current board members of club 1872 could know ,funny that .