The Pre-Summer-2017 transfer rumours and hearsay all inclusive Thread

IF Waggy's away, that should open an opportunity for the likes of Hardie or Dodoo.

Given the cash that has been spent so far, I would be inclined to give either of them a shot. If they play & don't deliver the goods, move them on & bring in new in January.

We current;y have Miller, Herrera, Morelos, Hardie & Dodoo....don't think we really need anyone else.

I would actually like to see Dodoo in Miller's kinda roving role - give him a bit of freedom & we may well shine.

IMHO, once Waghorn is away, our 4-3-3-right-sided attacking options are down to Candeias and utility folk. Wonder how that will be solved.

Likewise, I wouldn't mind getting Naismith as a shadow striker. Right now we utilize Windass on the left wing, who is currently flying. Dodoo is a natural left winger and should also be played more often in the latter stages, perhaps he gets a chance on Wednesday, but I do expect that we keep most of the starting 11 to sharpen their competitive edge. Same goes for Hardie, who sure is a natural finisher.

I would like Walker still, so we may play WIndass in Miller's position. That would leave us e.g. with Walker, Dorrans, and Windass, all willing to have a shot from distance, which we lacked last season.

whoever managed to get waggy punted for a million deserves a medal, that's an amazing amount of money for him. I would hope we can reinvest and get a proper goal scorer.

Maybe the new D of F will ensure we get proper fees now

fee undisclosed. Seen other speculation it was £250K.....I would think that's more realistic

The speculation I seen for that was from a Rangers hating "Scottish football" Facebook page. File under, "can't trust a single bit".

The speculation I seen for that was from a Rangers hating "Scottish football" Facebook page. File under, "can't trust a single bit".

I hear what you're saying but can you really believe anyone would pay £1million for him ?

fee undisclosed. Seen other speculation it was £250K.....I would think that's more realistic

Why do our fans constantly down play our players values?

FYI - Ipswich website has the following paragraph:

Mick McCarthy adds firepower to his striking options with the signing of Martyn Waghorn from Rangers, paying a substantial fee to land the forward
Edited by Waltersgotstyle