The Pre-Summer-2017 transfer rumours and hearsay all inclusive Thread

Why do our fans constantly down play our players values?

FYI - Ipswich website has the following paragraph:

I've always wondered that and what the potential impact of that has been...we know on the dark side they will inflate players values before, during and after any transfer fee and the nett result is that they probably get more for their players as a result.

We have more than our fair share of naysayers and negative Nancy's as a support.

Great bit of business, need to kick on and get guys in now. For me Naismith and Walker would be ideal and seem like the likely candidates, both missing their teams games at the weekend. However Pedro has shown no real interest in Naismith.

Would be interested to see if the new DoF has any ideas about players we could recruit he must have a load of players at city that would be suitable and being head of their academy I would imagine he would have a substantial list of youth players, there is a part of me that would love to take Roberts on loan from city just to get it right up they soap dodgin bastards, the meltdown would be off the scale

Why do our fans constantly down play our players values?

FYI - Ipswich website has the following paragraph:

judging by the comments on here it appears I'm not the only one who's surprised at the £1million price tag

"£1 Million for Waghorn? "

"whoever managed to get waggy punted for a million deserves a medal, that's an amazing amount of money for him. I would hope we can reinvest and get a proper goal scorer."

frankly I don't believe we got £1million for him

Edited by colinstein

We could have helped inflate the price by showing he's part of the managers plans and also by saying we would need to bring in cover if sold and tha player is happy to stay. The only way we will sell is if a higher valuation is met. Just depends how much Ipswich wanted him and what they deem too high a fee. Would imagine it will be X amount upfront and then add ons that if met will raise the fee.

£1m is not outwith the realms of possibility especially when a replacement forward will not come for much cheaper

I'm sorry to see Waghorn leave and wish him all the best in the future. I can only assume this has been sanctioned as we've someone else lined up because we're weak up front.

Weak up front ? We've signed Herrera & Morales and we've still got Miller & Dodoo.

If Herrera & Morales are not an improvement on what we've got then serious questions need asked

There's hoe for Hardie still, and I reckon Dorrans, Candeias, and some other midfielders will weigh in with a few goals too.

BTW, we have sold 9 players, but also "lost" 13 as of today. Strength in depth is hardly a given now.