The Fifth Official Gersnet Dinner

I kind of feel responsible for this rift.... :(

No you're not.

I'm responsible as I posted the pictures.

But I understood I had everyone's permission implied by the request for authority to take them if not explicitly granted.

It would indeed be unfortunate if a good event became mired in controversy.

Edited by BrahimHemdani

Brahim definetly asked and it was my understanding they were going to be posted

Thanks that was my undertsanding or I wouldn't have posted the pictures.

I would also reiterate that I deliberately did not quote actual names to protect everyone's anonymity, though I think most folk know me because I have posted pictures occasionally in the past.

That said I'm more than happy to put one of those grey circles over BD's face if someone can tell me how to do it.

I did hear BH asking and was going to, not object, but advice against it as we did it before and one of our members was attacked because of it. Funny enough because I thought BD and everyone else was happy with it I just went along with it. In retrospect I think it is now better to remove them. My face will not be seen around Glasgow much but the others will be. In saying that some of our posters photo's are freely available on Google from other sources and it does not seem to harm them much. As I say better to remove them now but I can understand that BH thought he had everyone's permission.

I respect your wishes but I think it must have been obvious why I was taking the pictures.

I would add that apart from Frankie and Rousseau's "Thanks", another moderator, Pete, was there and has not raised an objection.

I don't know how to blank a face but you're a Moderator so you can delete them if you so wish.

BH, no disrespect intended but you are being naïve on this subject.

Any moderator can post their thanks - they also may not have considered the possible requests for anonymity. The internet and social media is awash with people preferring anonymity for any number of reasons.

It doesn't matter if it was obvious why you were taking the pictures - EXPRESS permission is needed. The world is a strange place these days so it is more than just a little understandable that people would prefer not to have their pictures plastered on the internet - again, for any number of reasons.

FWIW, my own personal preference is that pictures of forum individuals should NOT be posted on here - you yourself should know more than most just how easy it is to be targeted for abuse from supporters (our own and others). It is a very sensitive subject.

If you feel the need to provide pictures of the event the best way would be to PM those at the dinner and get their personal email address should they wish to receive the photos.

No you're not.

I'm responsible as I posted the pictures.

But I understood I had everyone's permission implied by the request for authority to take them if not explicitly granted.

It would indeed be unfortunate if a good event became mired in controversy.

I'm sure it wont be BH. Nobody wishes there to be controversy.

Pictures deleted - check.

Anonymity for those wishing it retained - check

Everyone had a good time - check

Excellent job done by BH organizing (from what I hear) - check.

No controversy - lets move on :thup:

Apologies to anyone inconvenienced by the photos being shown. They're now removed and I'm sure no harm was done.

In future, people can give their permission in situ and I can blank anyone out who'd rather not have their face shown.

PS: Glad everyone had a good time and thanks again to BH for doing the hard work in organising a nice low-key event for our members.

if any of the guys were uncomfortable with the photos being shown then I'm sure it's right to remove them.

We had a good time and had light hearted friendly discussions about the 'Gers.

So again thanks BH for making the effort

on a personal note I was astounded to learn that big bad Gunslinger was actually a wee guy I used to teach

Taught him everything he knows.......