Our current situation , journey back .

A couple of posts from FF ...

Originally Posted by Gt

This isn't a crisis. The club is break even. There is no fraud anymore. There is stability in the finances. The crisis if there is one is amongst the fans. Sudden realisation of what fight is ahead of us. We weren't playing Celtic for the last few years and playing second fiddle isn't fun. We need a lot of loyalty and conviction at times like this. The fans need to support the new manager. I am ok with people challenging the board - that's what leadership is for and they have to be accountable. Let's stop all this defeatist rubbish though. If you truly think a boycott is the answer go join the snp - your clearly mad!

Originally Posted by Denny9

Several clubs have suffered financial crisis. Some of them were legendary clubs like Leeds United and New York Cosmos. Some recover, some don't. Had we only been demoted a division in 2012 and kept our players (loaning them out of selling some). Then it might just have been a set back of a couple of years. But we couldn't come out of administration like other clubs seem to manage. Scottish Football took the unprecedented decision to 'ask their fans' who sent us down into the abyss. Everyone benefited (bar Rangers), crowds through all the leagues except the SPFL.

With no rival Celtic got free pass to champions league each year and the other diddy teams had their 2/4 games in Europe each year. It killed the game in Scotland. The biggest act of economic self harm ever in the history of football. Euro coefficient dive bombed too. Interestingly this short term gain for Celtic will make them very rich, but long term it will destroy Scottish Football's standing in Europe. The carving up of the champions league pie looks like the wee weak countries like Scotland might lose the right to be at the top table. They are squeezing the places after next season and by 2021 it'll be squeezed more http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37508373

But Rangers survived, came through the leagues and made a national final. Bad luck with injuries and and decisions with signings crushed us this season. But we will return, no sugar daddy is on the horizon, but we dont need another one of those. Ashley will eventually go, we will get investment in, new players will emerge and we will get a coach who turns us around, it might not be Pedro - but someone will. Look at Leicester City? We need to play the long game. This is a marathon and not a sprint.

Yes its a crisis, but only a footballing one. We have a player wage bill of £10 million and we lost 5-1 to a team with a £28 million wage bill. Our manager gets an 800k salary, compared to their boss's £2.4 million contract. Scott Sinclair cost more than our entire team today. Rangers had no current internationalists regularly starting for their countries in the squad today. Celtic had 15 in their squad

We went into battle with a pea shooter against a machine gun. We are where we are. Today was bad, but it was just a game of football. We move on and this should make everyone at the club more determined to succeed . We lost 7-1 once to Celtic, a couple of years after that we were making European finals and semi finals and winning trebles and doubles. We suffered 9 in a row and it spurred us on to win a double treble. We saw them make a European Final in 2003, only for us to match that feat five years later

We are not in a fair fight just now. Ignore the ten in a row taunts, every one of them is tainted. Even they know that, they are the best of a really bad bunch - ask Barcelona

Never forget that WE ARE THE PEOPLE it might hurt just now, but it'll be alright. It always is - eventually

http://forum.followfollow.com/showthread.php?1109119-As-a-football-club-right-now-are-we-in-a-crisis&p=25217705&posted=1#post25217705

Go back in time to when we were winning everything , orange cup final , Advocatts army playing amazing football and but for a freak injury to Michael Mols who knows what we would have achieved , I was a devoted SDM fan , make no excuses for it I worshipped the ground he limped around in , after all, all the doom Sayers were wrong we were winning weren't we , he was a master of industry and knew more than me a mere firefighter how could I know better .

Alas it took me till we spunked £12m on a Chelsea bench warmer till I wakened up and even thensimply refused to believe Murray was anything like the financial wrecking ball that he actually was.

Fast forward to today , SDM , Lloyds , Whyte , Administration , liquidation , green , Ashley , AGMs in a tent on the pitch with security for company , then the holy grail Bears with money to save the day , however this take comes with a sting because one bear isn't fit nor proper , nor is he willing to share the porridge with the other bears .

Sadly we were always going to need someone willing to dirty their hands to set us on the correct road though I concede the time is fast arriving when it will need a clean pair of hands to take control of the reins.

This summer is going to be a watershed in our current board tenure , massive investment is needed on the pitch , I'm talking £20 plus million , that's not personal figures I've just plucked from thin air , that's what the board have been told needs spent to bring us up to where we should be even to challenge , positions have been identified , players have been identified and deals have been discussed , however should none of this come to pass what next , another manager goes , another two or three years wasted .

Sadly I'm sceptical we'll see anything approaching the £20m you speak of (I'm assuming your £20m covers only transfer fees and the associated costs that follow on, wages commissions etc) but I'd certainly like to think it will be in excess of the £3m that's doing the rounds today.

IMHO , the two bears need to oust the other bear who is not a fit person to be near our club , many within the walls of our beloved club Agee but who will take action , certainly not our club secratery who is right in the pocket of the King , it's going to be a long hot and troublesome summer guts , strap yourselves in .

Our Club Secretary appears to be a penny pinching joke akin to the pathetically sorry excuse that masquerades as our PR department.

There is little doubt we require heavyweights from the Political and Business world in our Boardroom, we also need a couple of strong Non-Executive Directors (not necessarily Rangers fans either) with the ability to say "NO" when necessary but I understand that would be virtually impossible until some of the legacy issues.

I'd also like to see us go on bended knee if needs be to David Burnside and give him carte blanche to completely demolish and rebuild our entire internal and external PR as it is worse than useless. Whatever that costs would be money well spend as our current skinflint approach is costing us dear financially and will continue to do so till this is addressed.

Maybe at the next home game the team should enter the park to the song by Talking Heads , Road to nowhere , because that's were this club is at right now , right now our team from the coach and the playing staff are pathetic we seen Celtic last week play to win the semi we stood back and watched them so I thought the coach has seen what they can do so he might address that the following week but no it was worse did he learn nothing I wasn't expecting a victory yesterday but a performance to reinvigorate the team until the seasons end but there was nothing learned from the week previous .

Sometimes you have to speculate to accumulate take a gamble maybe we could do a deal with the bank get a decent loan and buy some decent players do what Celtic have done buy talent at low cost move them on at a good profit to pay the bank and invest in more players .

Please excuse my ignorance on these things, but how does it help us if DK goes? This is a genuine question from someone who does not have the contacts and insight that some on here appear to have. I honestly don't know what DK has done wrong but I'd really like to know. Please put the regular supporters like me in the picture. I think that's important after what's gone on in the past.

Cheers

Gaffer, He has cleared out the previous disgusting excuse for a board and we are all grateful for that. However the gao between us and them is growing every year in and off the park and through the ranks. They have serious money and a board that is doing a pretty good job for them. They are serious professionals with contacts.

In comparison I don't think you need inside knowledge to know DK is burning bridges in the city. He said he would personally invest 30m then we find out that includes his share purchase. For all he got rid of Ashley's men his reputation is affected by the SAR business. He has compromised fellow investors by exceeding the 30% rule acting in concert during the takeover although the Takeover Panel have agreed he is solely responsible for the breach. That breach would have potentially embarrassed them in their other businesses to the point where one of them cut him adrift and has almost certainly damaged the board relationships between our biggest investors. His biggest failing of all was to not get resolution 11 through and fundamentally that was his job as the 'de facto' leader of the club. We don't have a NOMAD.

We must buy 10 new players for the first team squad, pay off the dross (lucky to raise £4m from selling the entire first team imo), invest millions in the stadium (I don't know why we are not renaming it - which is either s lack of business acumen or something is lurking in the legacy pile), invest in auchenhowie and our scouting system, invest in our player development at all levels (Celtic are hammering us here), we have to overcome 6 more years of Ashley plus any damages from the court case (I suspect Ashley is after King so some walk away deal is possible rather than hitting the club), we are not going to make any more money on the footballing side next year than we have this year etc etc.

How does it help if our main money man has no money? How does it help if he is one of the main reasons other investors may not come in board because they don't trust him? In other words unless he comes up with a personal investment to close the gap more rapidly then how does it help (given the baggage) if he stays? Not being flippant. Genuine question.

On the positive side we are where I personally thought we would be but unfortunately the scum are accelerating.

Finally we have fans getting frustrated and trying to sort out griffiths, probably at risk of criminal conviction because we don't have any players who can sort them out. That's how bad it was yesterday and the week before. Not to mention the PR omnishambles.

Ive said it before and will say it again recoveing from green will take a decade or more.

The danger is that by 2022 the gap will have texponentially grown and it will not be achievable. Our current trajectory compared to them should alarm everyone. The only answer is fresh investment and to do whatever that takes. The first step on that path is stabilise the finances and make it a going concern but we are still not doing that if we are relying on soft loans.

The danger is that by 2022 the gap will have texponentially grown and it will not be achievable. Our current trajectory compared to them should alarm everyone. The only answer is fresh investment and to do whatever that takes. The first step on that path is stabilise the finances and make it a going concern but we are still not doing that if we are relying on soft loans.

This word "investment" seems to be used so much that I now don't know what we mean by it. "Investment" to me means putting something in and then getting something more in return. So, who in their right mind thinks that putting 20m into players or anything else for that matter is likely to result in a return? There is no return on football like that and certainly not in Scotland so what we really mean is who is willing to throw money into Rangers, knowing they will NEVER get a return?

The only people willing to put money in without expectation of a return are the supporters of the club. If anyone other than a supporter is "investing", I'm instantly deeply suspicious.

DK is a supporter and yet I wouldn't expect him to throw money into a club when the financial structure has yet to be resolved. It's for that reason that soft loans will continue for the foreseeable future. No doubt at some point in the future, those soft loans become shares in the club, but it won't be classed as an investment because there will still never be a return on that value.

Unless anyone can tell me otherwise, there's no prospect of tens of millions being thrown away on playing staff any time soon. To me, any talk of that is nonsense and certainly mismanages the expectations of the support.

Edited by Gaffer

Who knows what the Board and King are actually doing for and at the club, how much has been invested, when and where. The problem is that we essentially have some bare facts from the AGM and interim reports AND a lot of conjecture. While many expect some sort of transparency, AFAIK what is demanded by the support is not the way businesses handle their data.

Obviously, in a results-driven business like football, hindsight is a wonderous thing. Be that the MW transfer drive of last season or him deserting to Forest. Neither did many expect that the Yahoos would have the season of seasons since 2012. All neatly combined to the situation we have now. Icing on the cake a thrashing at home from the Gallowgate Galacticos.

Now, I asked this before and will do so again, does anyone have any suggestions what the Board could do to get money in? All I hear in more or less angry shouts is that they are not fit for purpose and can't handle their job. One major taling point is "their" double failure of getting Resolution 11 over the line.

Now, just out of interest, can those with a bit more business acumen tell me (and us) that even IF Resolution 11 would have been passed, how quickly would we be able to actually have another share issue and thus some money available for the management? In respect to the dates of the AGM, the transfer windows et al?

Who knows what the Board and King are actually doing for and at the club, how much has been invested, when and where. The problem is that we essentially have some bare facts from the AGM and interim reports AND a lot of conjecture. While many expect some sort of transparency, AFAIK what is demanded by the support is not the way businesses handle their data.

Obviously, in a results-driven business like football, hindsight is a wonderous thing. Be that the MW transfer drive of last season or him deserting to Forest. Neither did many expect that the Yahoos would have the season of seasons since 2012. All neatly combined to the situation we have now. Icing on the cake a thrashing at home from the Gallowgate Galacticos.

Now, I asked this before and will do so again, does anyone have any suggestions what the Board could do to get money in? All I hear in more or less angry shouts is that they are not fit for purpose and can't handle their job. One major taling point is "their" double failure of getting Resolution 11 over the line.

Now, just out of interest, can those with a bit more business acumen tell me (and us) that even IF Resolution 11 would have been passed, how quickly would we be able to actually have another share issue and thus some money available for the management? In respect to the dates of the AGM, the transfer windows et al?

they could raise capital by having a share issue

this very thing was voted on at the last AGM and the current shareholders didn't vote in any where near enough the numbers needed to ok it

why is that?

because we have scumbags who own shares who want what's best for THEM - fuck the club

IMO forget more investment for the time being , the club is STILL a recovering basket case

and get VALUE for the finance we DO HAVE