Our current situation , journey back .

There is some great debate and argument on this thread and the forum in general, i wish i had the acumen to add to it, but i don't. So i will just add, i can take defeat, i can understand the board don't have the finances to get us to where we all want to be, Dave King isn't going to throw millions in. We stand or fall by our own devices, that i can deal with, but what is really getting me angry is the complete lack of fight from this board towards our enemies, yesterday they again let that scum into our ground and gave them virtually free access to disrespect us and damage the stadium. Their numbers need vastly reduced and we need to take the PR fight to them.

I can handle disappointment, defeat and hurt, god knows i have had it in spades in life, but what i can never stomach is lack of fight.

Edited by aweebluesoandso

There is some great debate and argument on this thread and the forum in general, i wish i had the acumen to add to it, but i don't. So i will just add, i can take defeat, i can understand the board don't have the finances to get us to where we all want to be, Dave King isn't going to throw millions in. We stand or fall by our own devices, that i can deal with, but what is really getting me angry is the complete lack of fight from this board towards our enemies, yesterday they again let that scum into our ground and gave them virtually free access to disrespect us and damage the stadium. Their numbers need vastly reduced and we need to take the PR fight to them.

I can handle disappointment, defeat and hurt, god knows i have had it in spades in life, but what i can never stomach is lack of fight.

spot on

and that stuff costs absolutely nothing

there is a post on FF claiming that reptile griffiths openly spat on the carpet in the media centre and then goes on to strut about unchallenged

just what is going on inside Ibrox ?

they could raise capital by having a share issue

this very thing was voted on at the last AGM and the current shareholders didn't vote in any where near enough the numbers needed to ok it

why is that?

because we have scumbags who own shares who want what's best for THEM - fuck the club

IMO forget more investment for the time being , the club is STILL a recovering basket case

and get VALUE for the finance we DO HAVE

I know that, yet, the main question was: if they had chosen to have a share issue after the last AGM, how quickly would that have happened and the money would have been available for the manager?

On a sidenote, from the days long gone by, I remember that the club had a "floating charge"(?) with a bank, i.e. a credit over a certain amount (?), with Ibrox (?) as a security? What is/could be the reason that we do not have that and/or why don't we pursue it?

spot on

and that stuff costs absolutely nothing

there is a post on FF claiming that reptile griffiths openly spat on the carpet in the media centre and then goes on to strut about unchallenged

just what is going on inside Ibrox ?

That is something the one major minor shareholder called Club1872 should be challenging the Board with as we write, as well as demanding that such behaviour won't be tolerated any longer.

dB, a Floating Charge is a security over a company's entire assets. That sounds fine but from a new lender's point of view would you take that security before you knew the result of the tax case in the Supreme Court?

Go back in time to when we were winning everything , orange cup final , Advocatts army playing amazing football and but for a freak injury to Michael Mols who knows what we would have achieved , I was a devoted SDM fan , make no excuses for it I worshipped the ground he limped around in , after all, all the doom Sayers were wrong we were winning weren't we , he was a master of industry and knew more than me a mere firefighter how could I know better .

Fast forward to today , SDM , Lloyds , Whyte , Administration , liquidation , green , Ashley , AGMs in a tent on the pitch with security for company , then the holy grail Bears with money to save the day , however this take comes with a sting because one bear isn't fit nor proper , nor is he willing to share the porridge with the other bears .

This summer is going to be a watershed in our current board tenure , massive investment is needed on the pitch , I'm talking £20 plus million , that's not personal figures I've just plucked from thin air , that's what the board have been told needs spent to bring us up to where we should be even to challenge , positions have been identified , players have been identified and deals have been discussed , however should none of this come to pass what next , another manager goes , another two or three years wasted .

IMHO , the two bears need to oust the other bear who is not a fit person to be near our club , many within the walls of our beloved club Agee but who will take action , certainly not our club secratery who is right in the pocket of the King , it's going to be a long hot and troublesome summer guts , strap yourselves in .

Probably 10 million if that, however if he was dissatisfied with the squad as we were led to believe God knows how he must feel with us 40 pts behind them and just suffered our worst OF battering in my 47 years.

£20m? Majority of that team is still under contract. So unless there is someone daft enough to pay for them we are stuck with them next season too.

We could pay them off but either way it's costly. Only ones we may get a decent fee for are McKay and Wes. Imo it will take much more than £20m to get us out the mess we are in. We need massive investment of at least £50m. Wages, Stadium and Auchenowie up keeping and money to fund transfer fees all need to be addressed.

I don't have the answers rbr, I just don't see £20m being anywhere near enough. We are stuck in a rut. I have already paid my ST but thousands haven't and won't after what was witnessed today and the sobering truth hits them.

I have to be honest and say I can't watch another match like I did today. The board we have can't fix it as they don't have the cash. We have been exploited as fans time after time. Today was the tipping point, certainly for me and I suspect for the majority.

Get rid of them for what money we can, it's the only way, for instance £ 500,000 Waghorn, £. 350,000 Halliday £ 250,000 Holt

It's the only way and it's still money.

Investment does need return but that does not necessarily have to be financial return it could be to protect assets such as the stadium or to give a return in a football sense. Clearly there may be a knock on financially but the purpose of the investment is not driven by financial return. It's called an 'investment business case' in some quarters. You might invest in a leaky roof primarily the stop getting wet and destroying other assets.

The res 11 issue is that if failed as a time when it needed to succeed and it is as the board's responsibility to get it through and they didn't. There may well have been enough votes out there to avoid the impact certain shareholders had (one of them unbelievably was on Sky after the game blabbing about how the club needed investment) but people didn't seem to understand that they had to get their vote in. Kicking investment into the long grass is going to further the damage.

Folk keep asking 'what would you do'. Sorry I haven't a penny but like most here I can continue to support the team and buy tickets but I can put 2 and 2 together and come up with something pretty close to 4. The fans incidentally have provided the real investment since and including the days of SDM and none of them have made a penny but they regard it as giving them a return. Except now we are not even getting a 'football' return.

Anyway I've said my bit. Folk can make their own minds up.

Investment gets you trophies , runs in Europe and gains on player values and thereby increased transfer fees , its not rocket science

Sadly as we know only too well non of that is guaranteed but it's also crystal clear that without suitable investment we're going nowhere fast.