Miller Speaks Out Against Ref

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hn3dYO0li0

It would be good to know, which ex-ref, ex-manager, and ex-player deemed this challenge not a straight red.

I'd send Brown off in every game because of his general attitude (and the face he pulls) on the pitch, but for me this wasn't a red card. There's no doubt he was trying to tackle extra hard in retaliation for the earlier incident, but I'd be furious if one of our players got sent off for this. If red cards were given for being stupid, he'd get one in every game but in this case I think a yellow was appropriate.

Having said that, we are focussing on the wrong incidents in my opinion. His use of his elbows is dangerous and that should be a point to highlight more than any of these other tackles.

There is no doubt the challenge on Kenny was with excessive force,also a straight red.

On the contrary, there is plenty of doubt and that's why we have come to different conclusions about it.

Union: You seem to really want to convince me that your opinion is correct. Let me save you some time and effort. You can put as many other opinions that support your view in front of me if you like, but it doesn't change my view. It is ok to disagree. We can still support the same club and have a difference of opinion. It's one of many reasons why this is the greatest game in the world.

Edited by Gaffer

I'd send Brown off in every game because of his general attitude (and the face he pulls) on the pitch, but for me this wasn't a red card. There's no doubt he was trying to tackle extra hard in retaliation for the earlier incident, but I'd be furious if one of our players got sent off for this. If red cards were given for being stupid, he'd get one in every game but in this case I think a yellow was appropriate.

Having said that, we are focussing on the wrong incidents in my opinion. His use of his elbows is dangerous and that should be a point to highlight more than any of these other tackles.

Would disagree. Brown comes in from behind with a straight leg aimed more at the ankle of the player than the ball ... and with intent to get the player. Seriour foul play all day long. His posture after that challenge gave you all the answers you needed that it was feat accomplished. Take Kiernan's tackle as an example, where he slid in from a far more advanced angle, also with a straight leg. If that warrants a red, so does this, where the player ain't aware of the tackle coming in.

You seem to really want to convince me that your opinion is correct. Let me save you some time and effort. You can put as many other opinions that support your view in front of me if you like, but it doesn't change my view. It is ok to disagree. We can still support the same club and have a difference of opinion. It's one of many reasons why this is the greatest game in the world.

On the Brown Ross county tackle I am willing to agree it is in a area with a fine line where there are arguments for both sides with retaliation being one. Holding on to the Miller challenge with all the evidence is just being stubborn and not willing to change their minds

I wish the rules allowed the tackle on Miller as I like old fashioned football. But the rules don't allow it. The Brown tackle on the Ross player is red all day long in olden day football and up to date rules. The scum are getting away with murder which is why only they can provoke fans without fear of significant disciplinary action. Now I like a bit of argie bargie and have no real issue with players milking it, hostile atmospheres and flying tackles. But I do have an issue when the laws are not applied to one club in particular because of years of intimidation of officials.

I would accept I was wrong if Howard Webb gave a different view but Richmond with his comment about Kenny running into Browns elbow has proved himself to be an idiot whose further opinions are thereby deemed irrelevant.

Apart from the tackles Beaton should have carded 2 or 3 of their players for inciting the crowd.

However bottom line in all of this is that if you beat your opponents all the referee talk is irrelevant. Hope Pedro has a couple of 'iron men' at the top of his list. For all the talk of tactics and transition and possession I have heard over the last 2 years we have a gutless, spineless, soft, sub-standard group. First job is win the battle then play football. You never see Madrid, Brazil, Germany or the great Dutch teams intimated. I also realise now Barton was right and Warburton was wrong.

I'd settle for kicking them all over the park next season and worry about the title in a couple of years.

Edited by Walterbear

Sometimes it is the supporters that get things wrong and possibly see things through blue tinted glasses. We should be looking at other points like how is it possible a player can head a ball that has travelled 20+ yards and is at head height 3 yards out without meeting the keeper? Why did the keeper make himself so small at the Griffith goal? surely a keeper should make himself as big as possible? What got into Beerman's head to make him make that tackle? How can a full-back with limited talent run so far and shoot into the net without one tackle. These things should have been more in discussion than the referee.

I wish the rules allowed the tackle on Miller as I like old fashioned football. But the rules don't allow it. The Brown tackle on the Ross player is red all day long in olden day football and up to date rules. The scum are getting away with murder which is why only they can provoke fans without fear of significant disciplinary action. Now I like a bit of argie bargie and have no real issue with players milking it, hostile atmospheres and flying tackles. But I do have an issue when the laws are not applied to one club in particular because of years of intimidation of officials.

I would accept I was wrong if Howard Webb gave a different view but Richmond with his comment about Kenny running into Browns elbow has proved himself to be an idiot whose further opinions are thereby deemed irrelevant.

Apart from the tackles Beaton should have carded 2 or 3 of their players for inciting the crowd.

However bottom line in all of this is that if you beat your opponents all the referee talk is irrelevant. Hope Pedro has a couple of 'iron men' at the top of his list. For all the talk of tactics and transition and possession I have heard over the last 2 years we have a gutless, spineless, soft, sub-standard group. First job is win the battle then play football. You never see Madrid, Brazil, Germany or the great Dutch teams intimated. I also realise now Barton was right and Warburton was wrong.

I'd settle for kicking them all over the park next season and worry about the title in a couple of years.

Please can you tell me where in the rules it suggests that the tackle on Miller is not allowed?