Miller Speaks Out Against Ref

By focussing on these other incidents I fear we are in danger of being distracted from the real incidents. Brown using his elbows, and the Celtic players gesturing to the Rangers fans are both yellow card situations at least and yet go unpunished. Celtic's persistent intimidation of officials before big games is also going unpunished. These are the things I'd like us to criticise the establishment for and are indefensible. As soon as we refer to these debateable (at best) incidents, our argument is just diluted.

By focussing on these other incidents I fear we are in danger of being distracted from the real incidents. Brown using his elbows, and the Celtic players gesturing to the Rangers fans are both yellow card situations at least and yet go unpunished. Celtic's persistent intimidation of officials before big games is also going unpunished. These are the things I'd like us to criticise the establishment for and are indefensible. As soon as we refer to these debateable (at best) incidents, our argument is just diluted.

While "Gallogate Pedro and his band of Blazers" run amok and carve it all up like a Sunday roast, this will all continue.

The rumours that he was on the Brown panel (Tam Cowan actually alluded to that at the weekend) are an example of how corrupt the SFA are (Cosgrove wasn't presenting so there were no pejorative jibes).They and the media are in the pocket of Liewell.

Great points though Gaffer. Miller was bang out of order taking out Browns elbow like that! He should have been more careful.....

On a serious note I doubt any other country would allow such behaviour or intimidation towards the officials. They live in fear of C****c and human nature dictates there decision making process will be affected.

Edited by cooponthewing

Please can you tell me where in the rules it suggests that the tackle on Miller is not allowed?

I would assume he was pointing at Brown's elbow into Miller's face? It is interesting that e.g. neither Curran's elbow, Rooney's elbow nor Brown's elbow ... in the faces of Hill (2x) and Miller weren't worth a debate by the media. Of course, we also had this ...

2980905.main_image.jpg?strip=all

... which was a yellow from the ref and all knowledgable experts. Or a similar incident not much later ...

image.jpg

... which was not even a yellow at the time. BTW, the chap was running free on goal and Gordon was the last line of defence.

Union: You seem to really want to convince me that your opinion is correct. Let me save you some time and effort. You can put as many other opinions that support your view in front of me if you like, but it doesn't change my view. It is ok to disagree. We can still support the same club and have a difference of opinion. It's one of many reasons why this is the greatest game in the world.

Sorry to dissappoint you but I have absolutely no interest in what you believe,right or wrong.

I am more than happy that I understand the laws of the game,even if the beaks don't.

Sometimes it is the supporters that get things wrong and possibly see things through blue tinted glasses. We should be looking at other points like how is it possible a player can head a ball that has travelled 20+ yards and is at head height 3 yards out without meeting the keeper? Why did the keeper make himself so small at the Griffith goal? surely a keeper should make himself as big as possible? What got into Beerman's head to make him make that tackle? How can a full-back with limited talent run so far and shoot into the net without one tackle. These things should have been more in discussion than the referee.

Agree with those observations pete but given the referee was almost as bad as our players he is worthy of debate on his own dedicated thread :)

The laws of the game that I am using gaffer ( see below).

The straight leg versus blended leg is not referenced at all here incidentally so that is not the deciding factor. The tackle on Miller is a red imo as it is excessive force and endangering an opponent (Miller could have landed on his neck).

The elbow is a red (unless you believe Miller ran into Browns elbow and Browns elbow was in a natural position - Charlie Richmond lol)

https://www.fifa.com/mm/document/afdeveloping/refereeing/law_12_fouls_misconduct_en_47379.pdf

The laws of the game that I am using gaffer ( see below).

The straight leg versus blended leg is not referenced at all here incidentally so that is not the deciding factor. The tackle on Miller is a red imo as it is excessive force and endangering an opponent (Miller could have landed on his neck).

The elbow is a red (unless you believe Miller ran into Browns elbow and Browns elbow was in a natural position - Charlie Richmond lol)

https://www.fifa.com/mm/document/afdeveloping/refereeing/law_12_fouls_misconduct_en_47379.pdf

As I've said, I completely agree about the elbow and it's shocking that it wasn't punished retrospectively. As for the other challenge, we just have to agree to disagree.