Miller Speaks Out Against Ref

You can lead a Horse to water but you can't make it drink: springs to mind. Jesus lets stop all sliding tackles and play powder puff football. This was a fantastic tackle with perfect timing. I thought it was Celtic supporters that played the victim but maybe I was wrong there. Or is it just hating to say maybe I was wrong?

The FIFA site is crystal clear dangerous play is a red,it was the beaks who framed brown's reduced charge as recklessly dangerous,perhaps the beaks don't understand the rule/law the only one that covers dangerous play .

The FIFA site is crystal clear dangerous play is a red,it was the beaks who framed brown's reduced charge as recklessly dangerous,perhaps the beaks don't understand the rule/law the only one that covers dangerous play .

I'm lost! What tackle are we talking about now as being dangerous or reckless?

Difference of opinion doesn't mean playing the victim? We are pointing out what's written as directive for officials.

I keep saying Pete, it doesn't matter if it's a good tackle. It's dangerous and reckless which is outlawed in th game. I didn't write the rules, however they are not following them.

As soon as you swing your foot to kick a ball it could be classed as dangerous. This guy's feet were on the ground, he got to the ball before Miller and Miller fell over him because he was also at a high speed. You could say it was a foul for Celtic because Miller came in late. Anyway I am giving up on the subject. What a pity it will be for football if we start punishing tackles like this one. As I said we would be better just playing indoor football where there is no body contact allowed.

So, is this still the tackle on Miller we are debating? If so, there's nothing reckless or dangerous about it. I explained the law in an earlier post but if that's not enough, I think we just have to agree to disagree.

We've got bigger problems than that. Our problem is that we don't have enough players willing to win the ball and take control in games. So the last thing I'm going to do is criticise a player from another team (even if it's them) for making the sort of challenge I want us to make.

So, is this still the tackle on Miller we are debating? If so, there's nothing reckless or dangerous about it. I explained the law in an earlier post but if that's not enough, I think we just have to agree to disagree.

We've got bigger problems than that. Our problem is that we don't have enough players willing to win the ball and take control in games. So the last thing I'm going to do is criticise a player from another team (even if it's them) for making the sort of challenge I want us to make.

Well said!

How can we expect our players to harden up if we are going to cry every time a slightly hard tackle comes in? i agree it looked bad in real time but the referee saw it as it was and judged it perfectly.

“Using excessive force” means that the player has far exceeded the necessary use of force and is in danger of injuring his opponent. (A player who uses excessive force must be sent off)

When deciding whether a challenge is worthy of a sanction i.e. punishable by a yellow or red card, take into consideration the following factors:

The position of the ball, what are the chances of playing the ball in a fair manner? A tackle may still be considered reckless (or even with excessive force) even though the ball is played. Where contact is made with the ball and opponent at speed and without consideration for the potential danger to the opponent, it should be punished appropriately.

The speed or the intensity of the challenge. Is the player in control of his actions, or is he “off the ground” and out of control when he makes the challenge?