Partick Thistle 1 - 2 Rangers

I have left home without my ST more than once and been helped out by those good folks in the TO.

I could tell you numerous stories of guys who had a few too many on the European trips and either didn't make it to the match or slept through it. Never ceases to amaze me that grown men will spend say £500 to travel, then drink so much that they miss the game.

The ones sacked by leach and lambias.

In answer to dB's enquiry they had a go at the Forth Bridge early on but I don't think the city was itself was raided.

Hitler made one big mistake. He should have attacked Britain first instead of Russia. Britain was down to Dad's army and leaving Britain gave the Americans a base in Europe. I know it is off topic but that is why I love the Gersnet.:)

Hitler made one big mistake. He should have attacked Britain first instead of Russia. Britain was down to Dad's army and leaving Britain gave the Americans a base in Europe. I know it is off topic but that is why I love the Gersnet.:)

Saw a documentary a weeeeeeee while back which stated that had the Luftwaffe continued to attack the RAF for merely a couple of weeks longer, despite the losses, the RAF would have been down on crew so much that air superiority would have been reached. With all the consquences. Anyway, back to Partick!

He couldn't cross the Channel because he couldn't defeat the RN unless he defeated the RAF first and he couldn't manage that. It was an act of folly to invade Russia. If he had used these resources in North Africa instead he could have seized the Suez Canal a disastrous outcome for Britain.

Saw a documentary a weeeeeeee while back which stated that had the Luftwaffe continued to attack the RAF for merely a couple of weeks longer, despite the losses, the RAF would have been down on crew so much that air superiority would have been reached. With all the consquences. Anyway, back to Partick!

Yes that is right as far as I can remember my History. In the Battle of Britain the RAF were down to the bare knuckles. If the Luftwaffe had attacked a few times more the RAF would have been virtually grounded. Hitler moved his thoughts to Russia and that History is well documented.

Published the preview with Rangers as the home team... :facepalm:

Almost as bad as coop heading to the bus stop a day early!

Now corrected. Apologies.

Sorry that was my fault I never thought of putting Thistle first.

Yes that is right as far as I can remember my History. In the Battle of Britain the RAF were down to the bare knuckles. If the Luftwaffe had attacked a few times more the RAF would have been virtually grounded. Hitler moved his thoughts to Russia and that History is well documented.

"We shall go on to the end, we shall fight in France, we shall fight on the seas and oceans, we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in the air, we shall defend our Island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender...."

WSC, House of Commons, June 4 1940

https://www.winstonchurchill.org/