Craig Houston, Alex Wilson & William Cowie resign from C1872 Board

Citing personal reasons.

Board Director's Resignation

Club 1872 announces the resignation of Craig Houston from the Board with immediate effect.

The resignation is for personal reasons. We would like to thank Craig for his efforts whilst on the Board and thank him for his offer to continue and support Club 1872.

On behalf of Club 1872 we wish him well for the future.

Edited by craig

who can summarise what's going on

there were other resignations if I remember right

so what's the beef ?

The previous 3 resignations were, in part, because of a perceived conflict of interest that Craig had as he attended a meeting at which those deciding on the SLO could also be in attendance. The SLO role is one that Craig had applied for. Some C1872 Board members felt that he had a conflict, others didn't. They resigned but, I believe, this was only a PART of the reason for resigning.

It's a sad characteristic of our support that we pick on, castigate and denounce those willing to put themselves forward on behalf of the support. I suppose everyone should know by now that goes with the territory, but it still come as a shock at the levels of vitriol it reaches, especially in Craig's case. It's happened before with the likes of David Edgar and recently with Chris Graham and it will happen again.

In Craig's case he became the story, Club1872 with him in it became a target too. Yes he made a mistake or mistakes, but by him resigning he has taken away the stick to beat c1872 with, namely himself. For all his mistakes this act has to be commended. I'm not making a martyr out of him, he did what had to be done for the benefit of not just for himself but for the benefit and the future of the group.

It's a sad characteristic of our support that we pick on, castigate and denounce those willing to put themselves forward on behalf of the support. I suppose everyone should know by now that goes with the territory, but it still come as a shock at the levels of vitriol it reaches, especially in Craig's case. It's happened before with the likes of David Edgar and recently with Chris Graham and it will happen again.

In Craig's case he became the story, Club1872 with him in it became a target too. Yes he made a mistake or mistakes, but by him resigning he has taken away the stick to beat c1872 with, namely himself. For all his mistakes this act has to be commended. I'm not making a martyr out of him, he did what had to be done for the benefit of not just for himself but for the benefit and the future of the group.

Sorry but anything Craig does is for Craig.

He is a Rangers fan and all Rangers fans want what is best for Rangers, he did stick his head above the parapet and received a tough time for his troubles!

Looks like he resigned for a cushy job with the club

JP_1872 @JP_1872

Congratulations to Craig SOS the self proclaimed "saviour of Rangers" on hi new madey up appointment "Football In The Community" Rangers rep

3:55 PM - 15 May 2017

I have just seen the rumour he has a job with the club, but i don't retract what i wrote. I don't know what position he's taking up with the club but whatever it is he'll puts bit of steel into our club, he's a fighter and they seem to be in short supply there.