Craig Houston, Alex Wilson & William Cowie resign from C1872 Board

Completely agree on the point about the information only revealed when we say the TOP ruling. I'm sure he could come up with some sort of argument about client confidentiality if he was representing King independently of his Rangers Secy duties, but the fact remains that he was the one who argued during the RF meetings pre c1872 that conflicts can be managed if done properly (and they can), but he has singularly failed to manage his own.

It absolutely astounds me that Blair, being a lawyer, doesn't seem to understand conflicts of interest and how they work. His conflict wasn't even a perceived conflict, it was real. Perceived conflicts of interest, IMHO, should be avoided as much as real conflicts - perceptions become reality and if there is a perceived conflict of interest then the organization becomes tainted, for no reason.

Recuse oneself at any and all times when conflicts appear to be in play. Minute them, minute the actions taken to remove them and be transparent.

Conflicts are not that difficult to deal with, if done right.

It absolutely astounds me that Blair, being a lawyer, doesn't seem to understand conflicts of interest and how they work. His conflict wasn't even a perceived conflict, it was real. Perceived conflicts of interest, IMHO, should be avoided as much as real conflicts - perceptions become reality and if there is a perceived conflict of interest then the organization becomes tainted, for no reason.

Recuse oneself at any and all times when conflicts appear to be in play. Minute them, minute the actions taken to remove them and be transparent.

Conflicts are not that difficult to deal with, if done right.

Totally agree. And from memory there was nothing declared in the c1872 minutes (fairly sure it would have stood out if it had) - how will that fit against this new constitution?

How can the current board vote, is there even a quorum? I agree with BH, let all directors resign and hold fresh elections.

Unfortunately and depressingly, Rangers fans will always agree to disagree and anyone willing to step out of the trenches is going to get shot down. We seem unable to fully support one of our own, irrespective of the level of effort that they bring to the position. I believe that we need to have a figurehead as the Chairperson, perhaps an ex-player or manager (Walter?). The troops needs to be rallied, not divided further and the man in the street supporter will not do that for C1872.

That's a fairly lengthy process Alan. In the meantime the organisation has to function.

I understand that, but it's a shambles right now. The current directors whoever is left, would still run it pro tem; but it can't be left to lurch from one crisis to another.

Term's up for the current board at the end of the summer, isn't it? By the time a new round of voting is arranged (and assuming there's mechanisms in the constitution to allow it: I confess that I just pay my subs and haven't poured over the rule book), is it going to practicable bring them forward by more than a few weeks anyway?

If this is just becoming an issue of personal animosity then they can just get fucking well get on with it. And if it's a dispute about something else they can get on with trying to resolve it through discussion like adults with a job to do.

Term's up for the current board at the end of the summer, isn't it? By the time a new round of voting is arranged (and assuming there's mechanisms in the constitution to allow it: I confess that I just pay my subs and haven't poured over the rule book), is it going to practicable bring them forward by more than a few weeks anyway?

If this is just becoming an issue of personal animosity then they can just get fucking well get on with it. And if it's a dispute about something else they can get on with trying to resolve it through discussion like adults with a job to do.

IIRC the next election is not due until September, if arrangements were made now, a new election could be held in June.

This would allow the remaining directors to answer for the current situation, those wishing to return to state their case and any new candidates to put forward their CV.

Board re-appointments - Poll

Dear member,

As per the email that was sent to members on 15th May 2017, members can now vote on the re-appointment of Laura Fawkes and Joanne Percival to the Club 1872 boards.

Please log into your Club 1872 account and go to My Club 1872 and Surveys to vote.

Voting closes at midnight on Sunday 21st May.

Club 1872