Craig Houston, Alex Wilson & William Cowie resign from C1872 Board

I do find it a bit strange that they are returning when the conflict of interest has not been resolved and that is why they resigned. Also unfortunate timing to announce it at the same time as the CH resignation. All looks a bit awkward.

IIRC the next election is not due until September, if arrangements were made now, a new election could be held in June.

This would allow the remaining directors to answer for the current situation, those wishing to return to state their case and any new candidates to put forward their CV.

I thought July more realistic. But, either way, nowt much gets done in August so wouldn't make a huge difference. I'd hope the summer period might be usefully used by the current board getting it's fucking act together and taking a bit of the heat out th current situation. Of course, if that can't be done then an election seems inevitable and they'll probabaly all get punted.

I do find it a bit strange that they are returning when the conflict of interest has not been resolved and that is why they resigned. Also unfortunate timing to announce it at the same time as the CH resignation. All looks a bit awkward.

Were they maybe given the heads up that CH was resigning so put their names back in ahead of that resignation ? That would explain the conflict of interest being resolved.

It's fast looking like Club 1872 is going to fall apart. For the good of it the entire board should resign.

I agree with that.

The comings and goings are an embarrassment, justified or not. I don't entirely agree with Gaffer but there is something in the point of view you don't resolve an issue caused by someone else if you are the good guy or lady and you resign in protest; seldom does that work. It's harder to stay and fight but sometimes it's the only way.

Rather than rushing to re-appoint the ex-directors in question, the remaining (one or two?) should resign (at the date of an election to be held) and hold fresh elections at the first available opportunity.

Edited by BrahimHemdani

It's fast looking like Club 1872 is going to fall apart. For the good of it the entire board should resign.

I'm sorry but I completely disagree. The reason we are this mess is because certain board members appear to be acting in a childlike manner and resigning when they should be arguing/debating like adults in the privacy and under the governance of the boardroom. It serves no purpose whatsoever for the other members to resign. What have they done wrong that means they should resign? It's those people that are resigning that I've got the problem with.

Ridiculous. None of those that resign should be re-elected until they can learn to conduct themselves in a manner befitting of the Club. I'd personally like them to stay away altogether.

Edited by Gaffer