Kill Devil Hills & Club 1872

Surely your "directly elected" fan would have the issues that you highlight in point 1?

There's no point in discussing the method of election now as we're so far away from it, but I'm not suggesting that it has to be a board member of C1872, but only that it shouldn't be precluded.

In respect of your point 1, I'm well aware of the duties that the fan would need to perform, and of course there would need to be some level of confidentiality. That would need to be spelled out clearly and guidelines put in place that the club were comfortable with and the fans were made aware of. that doesn't mean that it can't happen and these problems can't be overcome. I have something similar in my business and it gets dealt with relatively easily.

As for point 2, it does seem possible, as there seems to be a level of jealousy and resentment and the person standing would need to be aware of it and deal with it accordingly. I refuse to accept that it can't happen due to the bitterness of some fans, albeit, social media makes it that much more difficult nowadays.

As for C1872 being a shareholders organisation first and foremost, surely representatives on the board of these shareholders goes hand in hand. What's the point of having shares if you can't influence anything?

I'd end by saying it seems strange that for someone who has been on the boards of SD and RST that you're putting up so many objections to having a fan on the board. ;)

Those objections are eliminated if we can all just agree to nominate BH to said position :ninja:

I'd end by saying it seems strange that for someone who has been on the boards of SD and RST that you're putting up so many objections to having a fan on the board. ;)

I am most certainly in favour of there being a fans' representative on the Board and of course I agree that as a very significant shareholder organisation it would be entirely logical for C1872 to have a Director on the Board, as indeed they do now. However, I'd suggest that the blatantly obvious conflicts of interest in the case of Mr Blair, demonstrate how difficult it is to manage such a situation.

If the Club Directors have any sense they will invite C1872 to appoint someone to the Club Board after the new elections.

The point I would make about direct election from a membership scheme is that such a person would have greater credibility and legitimacy than a representative of an organisation that is at best factional and at worst divisive. I'm not saying that it would be any easier for such a person to take on the role and remain independent.

Edited by BrahimHemdani

Yep I would concur Frankie - it is becoming an increasingly "hard sell".

Nonethless I think I would rather pitch in a difficult environment than face the alternatives.

Why did you resign then D'Art? That is the bit I don't get. And if nothing was resolved in why you and the ladies resigned, Why did they want back on board?

Edited by pete