Bluebear54's GPL 2017/18 Discussion Thread

I never predict a loss or even a draw because it just goes against the grain to do so. There is nothing at stake here so I simply predict what I would prefer the result to be even if I have doubts.

1. Have a cut-off of 90 mins before kick off for entries. I have used the edit mode myself when I hear the team sheet a few times but as this is not available to all players this should be even-handed.

2. 3 points for a Rangers win (if correctly predicted of course), 1 point for a draw, and feck all if we get gubbed. We should show solidarity with our team! It will also take away the negativity option of going for a draw or a defeat just to get points.

3. Cup games score the same as league games. A correct prediction is a correct prediction, no matter the competition that game comes from.

4. 2 Bonus points if you correctly get the jackpot of an exact match. If you predict a 3-1 Rangers win with Garner for FGS and that is exactly what happens, you should get a bonus for getting all components right in the one game.

5. 10 points off for anyone going for Miller for FGS - you are only doing it to wind me up!!

1. I like this suggestion. I can never get a signal at games and it seems a bit of a disadvantage for some, when others are able to change their selection due to a late change.. Part of the choice of FGS should be using your skill to decide who the manager is going to pick.

3. The same points for every game has been suggested by a few and I'd agree. Pick European only if you must, but otherwise make it the same.

2, 4, 5 - Nah.

Perhaps have a monthly competition as well and the winner for that month gets 2 or 3 extra bonus points.

It would make it more interesting as there's something to try and go for, even if you're miles behind the leaders. It means a bit of extra work, but would create regular interest.

I don't agree that forecasting a bad result is being negative, realistic perhaps in some games; but negative, NO.

Of course it is being negative. What part of being a fan and predicting a poor result for your team is not being negative? Especially so on a free "just-for-fun" wee competition on a supporters forum.

The joy of going to live sport, and football in particular, is that anything can happen on any given day. Every supporter going to every match has to go with that gut feeling that today is going to be our day, even if the opponents are better or our form is poor. I know you, like me, travel to every match. What is the point in going if you have no wee feeling that the Rangers are going to have one of those fantastic days from out of nowhere?

When thinking about your prediction in the predictor game, let that wee positive gut feeling out and type it onto the screen. You will feel so much better!

I couldnt cope with the guilt of knowing I took my team not to win, even in a freebie fun competition.

Of course it is being negative. What part of being a fan and predicting a poor result for your team is not being negative? Especially so on a free "just-for-fun" wee competition on a supporters forum.

The joy of going to live sport, and football in particular, is that anything can happen on any given day. Every supporter going to every match has to go with that gut feeling that today is going to be our day, even if the opponents are better or our form is poor. I know you, like me, travel to every match. What is the point in going if you have no wee feeling that the Rangers are going to have one of those fantastic days from out of nowhere?

When thinking about your prediction in the predictor game, let that wee positive gut feeling out and type it onto the screen. You will feel so much better!

I couldnt cope with the guilt of knowing I took my team not to win, even in a freebie fun competition.

Just for Fun! :angry: I'll let you know there is a Gersnet Polo shirt at stake here. Limited edition. Signed by all the Admin team. That could make you a fortune one day. Freebie indeed! Some people just don't realise the value of things. :D

Just kidding it is not signed.:)

A cut-off time for predictions seems to be popular, which can be implemented easily.

The monthly competition sounds interesting too, but would be extra work; the existing google sheet could be adapted, though. I'll need to give it a wee ponder.

I disagree with the early cut off time because I don't see predicting the team as part of predicting the result. I always make sure I check the team when I am OUTSIDE the stadium to ensure I have a signal and the ability to change FGS if necessary. Furthermore as JFK points out it puts those in different time zones at a disadvantage.

Some kind of bonus system for forecaster of the month is a good idea provided it can be implemented without taking up too much extra time for Rousseau.

Edited by BrahimHemdani

Just for Fun! :angry: I'll let you know there is a Gersnet Polo shirt at stake here. Limited edition. Signed by all the Admin team. That could make you a fortune one day. Freebie indeed! Some people just don't realise the value of things. :D

Just kidding it is not signed.:)

Mine must have been signed in invisible ink.

Sorry still don't agree. Sometimes I go with the feeling we're going to get gubbed and just hoping it won't be too bad. Sometimes you do get gubbed and sometimes you do better than expected witness the two games at Parkhead this past season.

I don't see being realistic as being negative.