I didn't even know they still sold the stuff until I wandered into that pub. I was convinced they'd taken it off the market. You just don't seem to see it sold anywhere these days mate.

It's a smashing pint too for 3 quid.

No, thanks. You would have to pay me £3 a pint to drink it, maybe more, now that I think about it. Sweet, fizzy, and with that odd McEwan's taste of wet rot, if I recall correctly.

No, thanks. You would have to pay me £3 a pint to drink it, maybe more, now that I think about it. Sweet, fizzy, and with that odd McEwan's taste of wet rot, if I recall correctly.

I take it you haven't tasted some of the pish they sell as "Best" these days mate ? :D2

I make my own beers so am very rarely in pubs.

I take it you haven't tasted some of the pish they sell as "Best" these days mate ? :D2

I make my own beers so am very rarely in pubs.

I am rather fussy about what I put over my neck, nothing by McEwan's for a start.

I am rather fussy about what I put over my neck, nothing by McEwan's for a start.

I'm always astounded by folk paying well over the odds for wee bottles of "fancy" beers like Italian or Mexican lagers. Be as well dropping an Alka Seltzer into a glass of water.

Oh, and McEwans Export was an excellent heavy back in the 70's.

I'm always astounded by folk paying well over the odds for wee bottles of "fancy" beers like Italian or Mexican lagers. Be as well dropping an Alka Seltzer into a glass of water.

Oh, and McEwans Export was an excellent heavy back in the 70's.

I will beg to differ on that; you could barely get decent beer in Scotland at that time. The competition was limited - McEwan's Export, Bass Special, Bass Export, Dryborough's, and other caramel pops, whose very names elude me, thank God. You could get heavies by Belhaven, and McLay's, but the former, was like plum pudding, more so in the bottle, and the latter with a sweet cloying aftertaste somewhat like honey. Not for me.

Oh, and I don't " well over the odds for wee bottles of "fancy" beers like Italian or Mexican lagers".

If you read the OP it is very little about Crltic's treble and almost all about Rangers and Greig

Really?.................................

Title of original post is C****c treble, I assumed it was referring to that mob in the east end of Glasgow.

Title of original post is C****c treble, I assumed it was referring to that mob in the east end of Glasgow.

Aye!, you're correct,I think we should have a thread of their acheivements this season,total respect to them,especially as I am a secret C****c fan

I could have went to the game at Hampden, hospitality included, but no way I could have sat there watching 2 teams I detest.

My mate went. He'd go anywhere for a free pie and pint.

My wife just showed me a post from his facebook page. He has a photo of him standing in the hospitality lounge posing with Harry Redknapp.

I could have went to the game at Hampden, hospitality included, but no way I could have sat there watching 2 teams I detest.

My mate went. He'd go anywhere for a free pie and pint.

My wife just showed me a post from his facebook page. He has a photo of him standing in the hospitality lounge posing with Harry Redknapp.

Me too, was a hospitality for semi final. Same as you offered again for final but no interest in these two.