Derek McInnes To Leave Sheep?

I read the thread in #1. Sheepies excoriating Wiggy Milne and only slightly above lukewarm about McInnes. What a bunch of ingrates after a sccessful couple of seasons. By their standards, of course.

It wouldn't surprise me if he left. He has hit the ceiling with them and he knows their support don't grasp that. It's all downhill for them from here battling it out for 3rd/4th and no one could change that. Second place finishes will soon be as much a thing of the past as titles are for them.

On the other hand if he could take them back up at the first attempt he would be a rising star. It's the way to go for him at this point. The sheep are a dead end for him.

but we all know he will fail at Sunderland better men than him have tried

He will fail with a far bigger bank account. He is also unappreciated at Aberdeen by their fans. Why stay at a club who don't appreciate you when you can go to another club who will pay you a ton more and you at least have a chance of being appreciated ??

How many seasons do you think he would need to manage Aberdeen to earn the same amount as he would in half a season at Sunderland.....

Personally, I would think it was a 'no-brainer'

Edited by lenny3k