I agree wholeheartedly with him. If they did manage to win ten in a row then four are tainted and it's a nothing statement

winning a league when there's no opposition does seem a bit dodgy. In running events it's called a walkover

His exact words were "we have not £1 of debt on the balance sheet".

Were you in attendance or have a recording of those "exact words" ?

Regardless of the technicality of it - and yes there IS debt on the balance sheet - if all of the those holding the debt (King and T3B) have made firm commitments to convert upon a share issue then you can see why he would say such a thing. However, technically, there would still, until and unless there was an issue with conversion, there is debt on the books.

However, forlanssister, who is in attendance at the NARSA event and, I believe, was in attendance when King made his comments, recalls the term used as being "no third party debt" - hence the reason I am curious as to your source - because we all know FS's diligence in such matters so it would surprise me if he recalled that snippet incorrectly.

I think we all know the financial position within the club anyway. We know we have loans, but we also have been told that these loans will be exchanged for equity at the next available opportunity. In that regard there is no 'real' debt. I'd like to see the board press ahead with the necessary resolutions to allow for that debt for equity swap. I haven't heard anything more about that. Anyone else?

He didn't say 3rd party, but he did say that if celtic win 10 in a row 4 of them won't count,yes he really did say that.

He used the phrases "third party" and "external" when referring to debt several times over both morning and evening speeches.

He did claim not a £1 of debt on the balance sheet, a take on things I don't share as the loans are real an in existence no matter how 'soft' they may be.

I think we all know the financial position within the club anyway. We know we have loans, but we also have been told that these loans will be exchanged for equity at the next available opportunity. In that regard there is no 'real' debt.

That's the situation at the moment but if there's a fall out or one of the director's circumstances change then it's always possible that they look for the loans to be repaid.

That's the situation at the moment but if there's a fall out or one of the director's circumstances change then it's always possible that they look for the loans to be repaid.

Unless of course, the rights of redemption, like Bain's contract, are invalid, and unenforceable at law. (Mr Forlanssister's observations on the other thread refer.)