I can't get excited at soft loans from a third party bank (if that's what you're referring to). Kudos for them being able to negotiate them.

Land deals involving local or national government is a different ballgame, and needs to be investigated.

Fair point on the first point BD. But if those loans were not really negotiated but offered because of the connections within the club at rates that no other loanee could obtain then would that not be a "financial advantage" which can be converted to "sporting advantage" due to lower interest payments ? I don't see it as being all that different from the EBT's to be honest - in that they obtained a reduced interest payment on their soft loans whilst we tried to reduce the tax liability by way of the use of a perfectly legal tax avoidance scheme.

Land deals most certainly should have been investigated long before now - quite possibly by UEFA too as part of their "State Aid" clampdown.

You have to be careful where you look for the debate on this Ian.

The bank he is linked to was not run by him, despite him being a large shareholder. Why would they strip titles from CFC for a bank completely unrelated to them being fraudulent ? The only connection is DD - CFC never ran the fraud so why would they have titles stripped ?

There are certainly areas where you could question "sporting advantage" but this wouldn't be one of them. Soft loans from Co-op, GCC land deals etc are all ways to suggest sporting advantage was gained - remember.... sporting advantage isn't about "legal or illegal" - it is about unfair sporting advantage - CFC received such, particularly with the land deals and soft loans at deeply discounted interest rates. Fight the fight on THAT level. Not this one.

This bank fraud is nothing to do with CFC, only the personal shareholding of DD.

I'm not using this to shout for title stripping, the shit that DK receives from the Scottish gutter press for his private business life is shocking yet here we have DD who bank rolls C****c using his own money, dirty money??, just another example of the agenda driven bias from Scottish gutter press

Edited by ian1964

SFA/SPFL appear to be hiding discussions with HMRC on Marketed Film Tax Avoidance schemes.

footballtaxhavens

4 hours ago

https://footballtaxhavens.wordpress.com/2017/07/07/sfaspfl-appear-to-be-hiding-discussions-with-hmrc-on-marketed-film-tax-avoidance-schemes/amp/

They weren't illegal, much like our EBTs. They were personal to the individuals so I'm not sure what SFA/SPL should investigate.

I'm not using this to shout for title stripping, the shit that DK receives from the Scottish gutter press for his private business life is shocking yet here we have DD who bank rolls C****c using his own money, dirty money??, just another example of the agenda driven bias from Scottish gutter press

But you said "where is the title stripping here" Ian. How else was I supposed to take it ?

They weren't illegal, much like our EBTs. They were personal to the individuals so I'm not sure what SFA/SPL should investigate.

Nothing to investigate. These individuals would have invested with post- taxes employment income to obtain tax benefits.

Nothing to do with the SFA.

You have to be careful where you look for the debate on this Ian.

The bank he is linked to was not run by him, despite him being a large shareholder. Why would they strip titles from CFC for a bank completely unrelated to them being fraudulent ? The only connection is DD - CFC never ran the fraud so why would they have titles stripped ?

There are certainly areas where you could question "sporting advantage" but this wouldn't be one of them. Soft loans from Co-op, GCC land deals etc are all ways to suggest sporting advantage was gained - remember.... sporting advantage isn't about "legal or illegal" - it is about unfair sporting advantage - CFC received such, particularly with the land deals and soft loans at deeply discounted interest rates. Fight the fight on THAT level. Not this one.

This bank fraud is nothing to do with CFC, only the personal shareholding of DD.

But does Desmond's involvement with this bank mean he's a F&PP as per the SFA's rules ?

Yahoos who question King should look closer to home IMO

Nothing to investigate. These individuals would have invested with post- taxes employment income to obtain tax benefits.

Nothing to do with the SFA.

It is interesting that players and staff of fhilthfootballclub seemed to invest, simultaneously, in the same/similar tax dodges, some of which were, I think, actually illegal, and which were promoted and marketed by the same 'consultancy'.

One might think that there was some coordination. One might think that the agency for this was the club itself.

One might think that if the club was instrumental in staff signing up to the scams, it might be liable for losses suffered.

One might think that if it promoted such apparently advantageous financial cantraips, it intended to gain an economic advantage over other clubs in the League.