Ashley to sell Rangers shares to fans

I would be happy if the 47.5%/47.5% rule (if it is a rule) was suspended so that a large tranche of shares could be purchased which to my mind is far more important in terms of the original objective than any other investment in the Club e.g. the currently proposed training camp places, laudable as that may be.

I had always understood that any cash raised would be invested in the club. That was the case when Gersnet invested in both RST and RF and was the case under Gersave.

C1872 made a big thing recently of all major decisions being made by its members and the members should decide directly whether the existing cash should go to Rangers or some fatcat shareholder.

That's not mentioning the massive conflict of interest that seems to be a concept that's not understood by certain board members.

Conflict of interest does not apply to lawyers and others designated by them, they have an exemption.

Edited by BrahimHemdani

We are stuck between a rock and a had place when it comes to getting rid of Ashley and Club1872 acquiring some of his shares.

While we want his shareholding gone, money raised by the fans to buy shares in the club should, wherever possible, go to the club directly and not to a horrible shareholder who has done us such damage. Paying off Ashley, while gratifying in some way, also sticks in the throat.

Fans opinions on this are going to be very polarised.

I can't really see how anyone would think it not worth it in the circumstances.

You might think so but I couldn't possibly confirm.

Cheers, I'll take that as either a "yes" or "well done, good guess" ;)

Probably too soon, to celebrate, but it has been such a long road and if the the last and fattest vulture is finally going, then this captures it well:

And, as part of the deal, Sportsmail understands Ashley will sell his 8.92-per-cent stake in Rangers to supporters’ groups and an unnamed overseas investor.

I can help a little in your search for information.

It isn't me!:seal: