BDO lose BTC appeal

Here's another thought....

Can RFC effectively be investigated/sanctioned for a 2nd time over the SAME issue???

The SPL instigated a commission, they returned a verdict & action was taken (fine imposed) - case closed.

Now from a footballing point of view, has there been ANY change of evidence/circumstances which effects the SPL commissions ruling. The SPL commission was not ruling on legal taxation matters, the same as the Supreme Court was.....

The only point of bother I have with all this is that throughout the whole EBT and admin stuff, if something could go against us, it usually did. No matter the experts' opinions etc..

If the above articles are correct, you would assume that the LNS investigation and the fine sealed the matter for good. Given who sits on the SPFL board (which I still find in utter conflict of interest), I wouldn't be surprised if they whip up something fanciful ...

Can RFC effectively be investigated/sanctioned for a 2nd time over the SAME issue???

The SPL instigated a commission, they returned a verdict & action was taken (fine imposed) - case closed.

Now from a footballing point of view, has there been ANY change of evidence/circumstances which effects the SPL commissions ruling. The SPL commission was not ruling on legal taxation matters, the same as the Supreme Court was.....

There will be no title stripping!, no any further actions taken as it has been dealt with, the SPFL could not afford the legal fees to challenge anything!, let the moonhowling puddle drinkers howl as loud and as long as they want.

I personally don't see that Rangers have any new case to answer from the SPL/SPFL.

They ruled that it was an admin error on Rangers part and punished us. They also ruled that we received no sporting advantage.

Case closed as far as I can see.

ANOTHER point of note.....

At the time that the EBTs were in use....they were 100% legitimate. It was only when HMRC changed the rules & applied them retrospectively that a problem arose. Imagine the chaos if the football authorities changed the offside rule & applied it retrospectively....

so again from a footballing point of view, any "advantage" that may have been gained, was completely above board, declared in the accounts & available to every other team if they had wanted.

The football authorities have no jurisdiction to pass judgement on legal taxation issues. I would imagine this would change if the outcome had been ruled illegal (which it's not).

I am not sure if these things are open to appeal but with the SFA's statement it would seem not. Whether they in time decide to tear up the papers and call in a new commission remains to be seen. It is not the first time the SFA\SPFL have changed the rules. I would imagine if this happened Rangers would take this decision to court. As we all know UEFA rules do not allow clubs to take associations to court so Scotland would be disbanded from all UEFA competitions including the international team. Would the SFA\SPFL be up for that fight? I doubt it as their chance of winning in court is slim. The SC decided what occurred was not illegal just that tax had to be paid. The one worry for me is we know how corrupt the SFA\SPFL and UEFA are and they work out a deal together no matter what a court of law will find. Don't forget the three big words on the SFA statement"AT THIS TIME" That could be to please the haters but it could also be a sign they are trawling the mud. Only time will tell.

The decision to put us back down to the bottom tier has given supporters of other teams the taste of blood and power and they are now again gathering together to put pressure on the SFA\SPFL. Will they fold as they did the last time or try to ride out the storm? I have my suspicions that I may be wrong but I think they will try and ride out the storm this time taking the road of least resistance as the other action will throw up one hell of a stormy road ahead.

Edited by pete

It would be good if our club will say a word or two about this.

Maybe, just maybe, instead of handing out statements to the public, they have spoken to the powers in place and make our stance very clear?!

I know what I would like to hear from the club, we are reducing ticket allocation for away fans due to the huge number of ST sales a lot of Rangers fans miss out on tickets for home games and they deserve to see their team play @ Ibrox, further to this the away fans will now be situated in BF1 & BR1.