BDO lose BTC appeal

Wonder whether BDO will now actually talk to HMRC about the actual sums due. All rather strange, not least since they apparently went after this with maximum penalties and interest rates from the off. Wonder whether that is a common strategy.

EDIT: In essence then, the numbers thrown about (72m) weren't the actual figures due at the time, but only the 47m net sum without penalties and interest. The latter were added (in part) retrospectively when HMRC went on the rampage?

Edited by der Berliner

Just to remind folk Dundee FC agreed a 6p in the pound CVA and owed HMRC over 400k. You will all remember the hysteria from other fan groups like Aberdeen.

I wonder if slavering hypocrite Jim Spence thinks they are cheats too. They were also run by a crooked lawyer. I must admit I can't be bothered putting all this stuff together but it would be a nice wee sticky if someone with an interest did a professional job on all the financial skullduggery and we could post it on all Rangers fan sites.

I don't know the details of the other time they went into admin. We also know Hearts dodged 30m+ and busted a Lithuanian bank and like Dundee allegedly laundered cash. .

http://www.companyrescue.co.uk/blog/dundee-fc-saved-by-a-cva

Just to remind folk Dundee FC agreed a 6p in the pound CVA and owed HMRC over 400k. You will all remember the hysteria from other fan groups like Aberdeen.

I wonder if slavering hypocrite Jim Spence thinks they are cheats too. They were also run by a crooked lawyer. I must admit I can't be bothered putting all this stuff together but it would be a nice wee sticky if someone with an interest did a professional job on all the financial skullduggery and we could post it on all Rangers fan sites.

I don't know the details of the other time they went into admin. We also know Hearts dodged 30m+ and busted a Lithuanian bank and like Dundee allegedly laundered cash. .

http://www.companyrescue.co.uk/blog/dundee-fc-saved-by-a-cva

Absolutely Walterbear! This has become all out hand to hand conflict. We need to go after everyone. Look under every stone, they all have their skeletons. No letting up this time. Let them hate us so much it brings them all down. Just make sure we fight our battles on all fronts this time!

Absolutely Walterbear! This has become all out hand to hand conflict. We need to go after everyone. Look under every stone, they all have their skeletons. No letting up this time. Let them hate us so much it brings them all down. Just make sure we fight our battles on all fronts this time!

Perhaps it's something the main fan site administrators could get together on and collaborate over a few coffees and pizzas. Work with Rangers Observor, 1872 and the club itself. Make it factual, indisputable, pose the key questions and avoid the histrionics and invective we see too often on sites. I'd actually be more than happy to be involved but I'm not connected with anyone much. I do however know how to write and put a sensible article together given the facts.

So did Whyte actually save Rangers after all ( whether intentionally or not) ?

The club and its assets had to be taken out the oldco & transferred to a newco before the BTC bill landed.

Whyte did that albeit by dubious means so did he effectively save Rangers ?

The club and its assets had to be taken out the oldco & transferred to a newco before the BTC bill landed.

I won't be adding him to my Hero list. If he did it was totally unintended as he wanted to suck us dry.

He put the company in liquidation Rab after stripping as much as he could e.g. Arsenal shares. He always intended to do that as his tweet about Murray reveals after the Supreme Court judgement. Green then did the 5 way agreement and deal to buy the club. I wouldn't say they were saviours. Opportunists and scavengers only interested in keeping the patient alive long enough to extract money. The fans and bina fide investors saved Rangers by providing that money. King then got rid of the scavengers.

What they did do albeit in their self interest was keep the club alive long enough before oldco is liquidated. If we had not had new owners during liquidation of oldco it may have turned out even worse.

I wouldn't bestow the title of saviours on green and Whyte. If the Blue Knights had got the club we'd be much healthier.

Edited by Walterbear