BDO lose BTC appeal

Talking of working pro bono sellico....................

Does Spiers really pleasure dogs? It would be no surprise to me, nor to many others, if he did.

Here he is dog whistling and acknowledging precisely who runs Scottish Football:

[B]It’s in the balance if this saga will run and run[/b]

Is the frenzy to either strip or re-examine Rangers’ EBTs titles going to ebb away? It might well do.

We’ve had another week of sabre-rattling over the issue. Many fans across Scotland want the entire Rangers case re-opened. Quite a few others can’t really be bothered with it. A group of Rangers fans, meanwhile, who are angry at the very suggestion, issued a faintly menacing statement towards those who were showing an interest in such a review.

I’ve received quite a bit of bile from Rangers supporters for having the temerity to suggest here last week that there should at least be a re-examination of the evidence put before by Lord Nimmo Smith. One such accusation at me (a result of last week’s column) is that I apparently enjoy carnal relations with dogs.

The decision of the Supreme Court on July 5 — that the old Rangers ought to have paid millions of pounds in tax but failed to do so — has only added fresh urgency to the situation.

Contrary to what some believe, I am not, and have not, urged any title-stripping. Personally, I have little appetite for it. To be frank, the figure of 54, which is historically applied to Rangers’ haul of titles, is a sum now tarnished beyond repair. In one sense title-stripping is irrelevant. It is transparency and accountability in Scottish football which fans crave.

Will this saga run and run? It depends, I believe, on Celtic’s desire to pursue it. If Peter Lawwell and Celtic get their teeth into this, a review of the whole story will occur. If they don’t, title-stripping will die a death.

There could be quite a bit of this dirty war on social media to go yet. I’d advise guys like me to keep their hard hats handy.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/scotland/i-salute-the-march-of-these-wonderful-golden-oldies-lwghtzb7d

(Paywall)

I don't know how one squares "accountability and transparency", when the SPFL will make a significant, expensive, decision to 'review' a previous Inquiry,

if, and only if, one club wishes it.

I suppose that is transparent, but, really, should a League of equals really be the plaything of only one member, and accountable only to it?

Edited by Uilleam

That's Runners-Up FC, though, isn't it? The whining arrogance of the under-dogs. Throw them something to quieten them down. How about Official Scottish Far East Soccer Ambassadors?

That's Runners-Up FC, though, isn't it? The whining arrogance of the under-dogs. Throw them something to quieten them down. How about Official Scottish Far East Soccer Ambassadors?

North Korea.

Talking of working pro bono sellico....................

Does Spiers really pleasure dogs? It would be no surprise to me, nor to many others, if he did.

Here he is dog whistling and acknowledging precisely who runs Scottish Football:

[B]It’s in the balance if this saga will run and run[/b]

Is the frenzy to either strip or re-examine Rangers’ EBTs titles going to ebb away? It might well do.

We’ve had another week of sabre-rattling over the issue. Many fans across Scotland want the entire Rangers case re-opened. Quite a few others can’t really be bothered with it. A group of Rangers fans, meanwhile, who are angry at the very suggestion, issued a faintly menacing statement towards those who were showing an interest in such a review.

I’ve received quite a bit of bile from Rangers supporters for having the temerity to suggest here last week that there should at least be a re-examination of the evidence put before by Lord Nimmo Smith. One such accusation at me (a result of last week’s column) is that I apparently enjoy carnal relations with dogs.

The decision of the Supreme Court on July 5 — that the old Rangers ought to have paid millions of pounds in tax but failed to do so — has only added fresh urgency to the situation.

Contrary to what some believe, I am not, and have not, urged any title-stripping. Personally, I have little appetite for it. To be frank, the figure of 54, which is historically applied to Rangers’ haul of titles, is a sum now tarnished beyond repair. In one sense title-stripping is irrelevant. It is transparency and accountability in Scottish football which fans crave.

Will this saga run and run? It depends, I believe, on Celtic’s desire to pursue it. If Peter Lawwell and Celtic get their teeth into this, a review of the whole story will occur. If they don’t, title-stripping will die a death.

There could be quite a bit of this dirty war on social media to go yet. I’d advise guys like me to keep their hard hats handy.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/scotland/i-salute-the-march-of-these-wonderful-golden-oldies-lwghtzb7d

(Paywall)

I don't know how one squares "accountability and transparency", when the SPFL will make a significant, expensive, decision to 'review' a previous Inquiry,

if, and only if, one club wishes it.

I suppose that is transparent, but, really, should a League of equals really be the plaything of only one member, and accountable only to it?

Hes right for a change. The spl and sfa will do whatever lawwell wants.

Hes right for a change. The spl and sfa will do whatever lawwell wants.

if that's true then the SAF have already spoken and the SPFL have as well (according to Topping).......Then Celtic looking for a review is just hot air pandering to the moon howlers

if that's true then the SAF have already spoken and the SPFL have as well (according to Topping).......Then Celtic looking for a review is just hot air pandering to the moon howlers

That's exactly what it is. They haven't a legal leg to stand on.

Their problem now though is how to appease the pondlife in fans groups whom they had led to believe we'd get honours removed if we lost the BTC.

This isn't going to end well. Topping's getting out. Just as well for him