Meeting in Luxembourg? (The First Unofficial Gersnet European Convention)

Not attempting to piss on anybodies' parade, but I endured Vladikavkaz against Alania.

I believe 36(including Gary Lynch) made the journey? We left Glasgow for Heathrow, then onto Stockholm, caught the Moscow connection, before boarding an Aeroflot white knuckle ride(live chickens and a pig) to Vladikavkaz. We were told by the Foreign Office to consume nothing solid. As dehydration is the enemy, the 20 pence per litre bottles of beer were most welcome, one must maintain one's fluid levels. Actually, the club were most generous in liberal distribution of imported chicken thighs.

There were two memorable incidents during said trip. We won 2-7, with McCoist notching a hat-trick. The locals demanded a hat-trick must be celebrated by necking a litre bottle of beer. I suspect they like the beer more than they did McCoist, or indeed Alania? Secondly, an uber refreshed Ian Archer slept on the bench seating during the match, and still provided a match report. He awoke with a fountain of pysh erupting forth from his chinos, staggered around to the whooping delight of the locals, and careered off to magic an impressionist's report.

Learned a lot from Gary a true gentleman sorely missed.

I remember knocking on his bedroom door in Tel Aviv at 6 am after a very convivial session in Mike's Place next to the US Embassy only for Gary looking resplendent in his Y-fronts to yell, " Get to f*&k this is no a f*&king handicapped room!"

Anyway there was a GersNet meet up of sorts in Luxembourg with myself, Pete, Govan Derriere and Dragonfly Trumpeter in attendance at the Place d'Armes.

Anyway there was a GersNet meet up of sorts in Luxembourg with myself, Pete, Govan Derriere and Dragonfly Trumpeter in attendance at the Place d'Armes.

Thanks for letting me know, I was there several times; my hotel was round the corner.

Edited by BrahimHemdani

They were all hiding from you BH :ninja:

I have no doubt that's true in one case at least; but perfectly fine with me, I had my hands full with Veronika.

2ZKZcZ2.jpg

DYvAe2T.jpg

Not all the honey was in the liqueur.

nVmDD9r.jpg

b7ysShi.jpg

Edited by BrahimHemdani

Does Mrs BH know about this ? :ninja:

Lots of incriminating evidence here - I sense blackmail :D

Just doing my bit for international relations, my good lady is all in favour of that.

She is a remainer and I agree we need to maintain good relations with Europe after we leave.

Edited by BrahimHemdani

We certainly weren't hiding from anyone as we sat on a prominent table on the main walkway. I don't think many who knows FS could miss him as he was sitting almost on the walkway. Later because of the sun we did move to a table with more shadow closer to the building. Many who walked by who knew FS, DT or GD from earlier trips stopped to talk to them. If I had of seen you I would have came over to you but I never saw you. I arrived early morning and drove back directly after the game. I wanted to drive in the night as it would have cost me hours of sitting in traffic jams to drive during the day. I drove there in one go in 4hours. On the way back I stopped 5 times for a sleep as I hadn't slept the night before taking me nearer 6 hours. I have learned over the years if you start yawning behind the steering wheel it is time to stop. Next year god willing I will try not be such a boring bastard refusing drink.:)

Edited by pete

We certainly weren't hiding from anyone as we sat on a prominent table on the main walkway. I don't think many who knows FS could miss him as he was sitting almost on the walkway. Later because of the sun we did move to a table with more shadow closer to the building. Many who walked by who knew FS, DT or GD from earlier trips stopped to talk to them. If I had of seen you I would have came over to you but I never saw you. I arrived early morning and drove back directly after the game. I wanted to drive in the night as it would have cost me hours of sitting in traffic jams to drive during the day. I drove there in one go in 4hours. On the way back I stopped 5 times for a sleep as I hadn't slept the night before taking me nearer 6 hours. I have learned over the years if you start yawning behind the steering wheel it is time to stop. Next year god willing I will try not be such a boring bastard refusing drink.:)

A text would have been nice but no worries; glad you had a safe trip.

Thanks for letting me know, I was there several times; my hotel was round the corner.

It wasn't planned as such it just happened as we were heading for somewhere else when we stopped for a refreshment and I called Pete who just happened to be in the bar 10 yards up the street.

Sat outside ChiChis for a good few hours before catching the bus to the game.