Club 1872 Statement on UEFA Citation

It's ridiculous to suggest that someone has to die or be injured for it to be against the rules, or for it to deserve severe punishment. It's not UEFA that has lost the plot here, it's some people in our support. It was not a serious incident. It was stupid however. That's why we will receive a warning or a small fine. UEFA have a sense of perspective. Some on here don't.

It's no more ridiculous to suggest that someone had to die than to suggest that NO other club would be facing sanctions for the actions.

We were cited because we are Rangers - and for no other reason.

It's no more ridiculous to suggest that someone had to die than to suggest that NO other club would be facing sanctions for the actions.

We were cited because we are Rangers - and for no other reason.

You are paranoid. Lots of clubs are cited. We broke the rules so we were cited. Let's leave paranoia to the other lot. They are better at it, and it doesn't suit us.

Anyone know the answer?

I'd be very surprised if there is a single game where it's not reported when it happens. UEFA always have plenty of officials (including the many match officials) so it would be strange if they missed one. These incidents happens a lot, and UEFA are under strict contractual agreements with their sponsors and television broadcasters to maintain control of the game time. It's why these incidents have to be punished. Streakers don't cause anyone any harm (and in some cases many people enjoy them), but it's also another cause of delays in games so it's punished also.

If it's because of game time then get all injuries off the field to be treated but this break gives time for replay after replay of their contentious moments etc.

I am in agreement that it is who we are that got UEFA interested.

You are paranoid. Lots of clubs are cited. We broke the rules so we were cited. Let's leave paranoia to the other lot. They are better at it, and it doesn't suit us.

No. Not paranoid. Simply somebody who actually sees what is going on.

FARE haven't been heard of since we went down to the bottom division and suddenly re-appear a couple of days before our first European match in 6 years.

King obviously knows what's happening. That's why he felt the need to address our support. He knew fine well that one chant out of place would probably see us play the next 3 home games behind closed doors with the consequential loss of badly needed income.

That one didn't work, so we're cited for wee bits of paper being on the field.

Paranoid ? Just wait until Shitey Sean makes another trip onstage. These bastards will stop at nothing - have a look on their forums and see what they're up to.

Yeh, thousands have died as a result of being struck by scrunched up paper thrown by kids.

It's fecking nonsense mate.

But it's not that is the point.

If I sat in my work throwing scrunched up paper balls at a colleague. I'd fully expect to be disciplined for it.

And I'm quite sure my boss wouldn't accept it's just paper balls as an excuse.

Hey guys stop condoning the action by UEFA we all know that the tiniest thing would have been jumped on and that it would be so because it relates to us and emanates from a certain source.

The club should send out a warning notice to all ticket holders/purchasers and actually plead for good behaviour.

But it's not that is the point.

If I sat in my work throwing scrunched up paper balls at a colleague. I'd fully expect to be disciplined for it.

And I'm quite sure my boss wouldn't accept it's just paper balls as an excuse.

Your boss would be quite right to do so too. Employment safety regs protect your work colleague.

But it didn't happen at your place of employment mate. It happened at a football match.

The bits of paper weren't fired from cannons or form the tip of Cruise misiles.

No children, animals or players were hurt. It was good natured banter - you know, what used to be called "fun" and forming part of the entertainment industry.

Maybe we should take a close look at those wee bits of confetti coming from tubes when teams are celebrating winning a cup or send for the serious crime squad the next time a toilet roll makes it onto the park ?

It's fecking nonsense.

what used to be called "fun" and forming part of the entertainment industry.

I disagree, Boabie.

It's no more part of the "entertainment industry" to throw paper cards on to a football pitch than it would be to throw your programme or any other bit of paper on to the stage during a theatre performance.

If that happened the performance rightly would be stopped and the perpetrators ejected if possible.

The issue isn't whether or not bits of paper are dangerous, the issue is the interruption of the performance/football match.

On Thursday the match was interrupted by the morons who threw paper cards on to the pitch.

As offences go it's minor and I'm sure it will attract a suitably minor punishment, perhaps with a stern warning attached.

Rangers should plead guilty by letter and accept the punishment; then move on to more important matters.